Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One bullet - Nigella or Sophie...? page

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield

Angry One bullet - Nigella or Sophie...?

Primal Fuel
    Or would ya line 'em up and shoot 'em both...?!

Sorry I've just seen a trailer for Nigella's new series - and I think I need to go and have a lie down in a darkened room before I explode!

Now THERE'S a woman who's done more CW damage than any other on the planet...

Sorry, just needed to rant!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i could look at nigella all day, so she lives

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I have her book "Feasts" and there are definitely some recipes in that would be OK as primal fare. I specifically recall her sausages and onions recipe, nothing low fat or carby about that....might have to cook that this week.

Funny story about that book....I didn't really notice the name at first (my MIL gave me the book as a Christmas present). All the ingredients are listed in grams...the UK conversion to metric happened after I moved to the US, so I don't yet look at "100g" and have any clue what that means. So I made my first dish from that book and it made VAST amounts of food. I couldn't fathom why she would create such huge dishes, until I realized that was the whole point of the book
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I have her book "Feasts" and there are definitely some recipes in that would be OK as primal fare. I specifically recall her sausages and onions recipe, nothing low fat or carby about that....might have to cook that this week.

Funny story about that book....I didn't really notice the name at first (my MIL gave me the book as a Christmas present). All the ingredients are listed in grams...the UK conversion to metric happened after I moved to the US, so I don't yet look at "100g" and have any clue what that means. So I made my first dish from that book and it made VAST amounts of food. I couldn't fathom why she would create such huge dishes, until I realized that was the whole point of the book
    May you NEVER run across Sophie Dahl (yep as in Roald's granddaughter) - she's exactly the same as Nigella, only about 4 sizes smaller.

I've just not ever spoken to anyone who finds her anything but intensely irritating (I mean Nigella, but Soph's just as bad). "When I don't have much time to cook, I still love to produce great-tasting food" she trills, shoving a crayfish into her gob, "It needs to be fabulous, tasty but, above all it needs to be a FEAST!!" Then "The kitchen shouldn't just be for cooking in - it should be for living in!" Now, I'm sorry, but who the f*ck wants to live in their kitchen...?!

Moronic bint!

BigRed is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
    "The kitchen shouldn't just be for cooking in - it should be for living in!" Now, I'm sorry, but who the f*ck wants to live in their kitchen...?!

Moronic bint!
    A good Yorkshire lass should understand her place !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    A good Yorkshire lass should understand her place !!!

Why I oughtta.... the NERVE!!

I did nearly sign up here as 'Yorkshire Pudding' - almost wish I had now!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    I'm not familiar with Sophie, but I will say that in Nigella's defense, at least she enjoys eating! There are others who have done WAY worse than her.

p.s. Can I use my bullet on Jamie Oliver please?
    Last edited by DianeThePurple; 09-28-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Jamie

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Well, as someone who does sort of live in her kitchen, I can say it's not all bad. When we moved into our current place, we were deciding who would have the second bedroom for an office and who would have the dining room. I asked for the dining room so that I could cook and study at the same time. For me, cooking is a way to de-stress, and I don't think that makes me moronic at all.

Not that I cook like Nigella. Or look like her. But anyhow.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I think people in North America live in their kitchens much more often that in the UK. In the UK, the kitchen is almost always a separate, small room, with room for at most a very small table. Here in the US, it's much more common for kitchens to be incorporated into the living space. Our kitchen/living room/dining room are one large space...so I do sort of live in the kitchen. In fact, I'm sitting in the kitchen part right now as I type this.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I'd line them up and do something to them both, not sure about shooting them.

Well, there might well be "shooting" but not in the sense you're implying.

*ahem*

Anyway... a little less time hating makes for a nicer world. For example, I was thinking about starting a thread talking about how some people here have signatures so bloody long that one single post of theirs with 2 sentences takes up the entire screen on my 13" MacBook. Crazy. But I decided against the angry post. Some rants are best left alone.

Anyway, just sayin'.

PS - Nigella has great boobs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast