Thread: Recipes for Baby's First Birthday Cake - PB style? page

KristenW is offline Junior Member

Post Recipes for Baby's First Birthday Cake - PB style?

Primal Fuel
    I want to make a traditional looking b-day cake for my baby's first BD. Any ideas for cakes with frosting that meet or come super close to PB guidelines?

kam904s is offline Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I think I decided to go with pumpkin muffins using coconut and almond flour with some ground up dates for sweetness. (or a touch of honey) If you look at FlyNavyWife's "Joyful Abode" site, she has lots of good primalish recipes, especially for sweets.

PatrickF is offline Senior Member
    Of all traditional frostings buttercream, marzipan and ganache are the least unprimal.

Italian Meringue Buttercream is around 35% sugar by weight, good marzipan is similar. Ganache is less, depending on the chocolate you use it might even be 0% sugar. All of them are more than 50% calories from fat.

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    I need a recipe for my daughter's second birthday! She has seen the daycare provider make chocolate cupcakes for another kid's birthday (she's gluten-free, so doesn't eat them) and she asked for "dark chocolate cupcakes." (At first I didn't understand why she asked for "dark" chocolate cupcakes, but I think she said "dark" because she doesn't know any chocolate other than dark )