Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk? page 2

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Show me a 1% or a 2% cow, and I'll be ok with it.

Til then, I go (went) for the the blackmarket stuff. It may be illegal to sell, but it's not illegal to trade mason jars. Especially if some of the mason jars are full of, say, soup, homemade broth, etc, and some are full of milk.

Jus' Sayin'...

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    In my neck of the woods the general concensus with doctors is formula is best for them, they say "it's okay" to breastfeed but they really try to push the formula basically they try to put it in the context of breastfeeding is "acceptable" but formula is the norm. so i wouldn't be surprised if CW did try to ban breastfeeding. when we started weening our daughter off of breastmilk we started by mixing it with goats milk till it was just all goats milk (she liked that better than cows) then mixing cows milk with the goats till it was all cows milk. for some reason goats milk tastes more similar to breastmilk. i actually got into an an argument cause i was putting half and half in with the whole milk little bit of CW her mom held onto that fat must be bad but man did my daughter love those bottles

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    The doctor is wrong. Children need more fat/cholesterol for brain development. Not less.

Like Grumpy said probably thinking its too high in fat. Surprised doctors haven't tried to ban breast feeding with all the fat the poor babies are being subjected to.
    Last edited by rabbidchicken69; 09-29-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eklecktika View Post

Til then, I go (went) for the the blackmarket stuff. It may be illegal to sell, but it's not illegal to trade mason jars. Especially if some of the mason jars are full of, say, soup, homemade broth, etc, and some are full of milk.

Jus' Sayin'...
    It's only illegal in some states. In others you are ok to sell from the farm, and in some states raw milk is legally available in stores. Still, it's pretty hilarious that it's actually ILLEGAL to buy raw milk in some places. Map of each state and subsequent laws here

netbum is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I just went through this with my kids doctor. My wife comes home and says next time she is just going to lie to the doctor so she doesn't the low fat lecture again. I guess my 5 year old is above average weight for her age. She is note close to being fat, is about 5 inches taller than the other kids in her class, and can go up a rock wall like nobodys business. I was there when she said the same about my 2 year and I said "but you can also see her ab muscle, so are you saying she is fat?" No answer. Some doctors go by numbers and stats and CW regardless of what is actually in front of them.

I would get the raw milk, but in Florida it is illegal to sell for human consumption.
    Hey, skink531, I live in South Beach, a few miles down the road from you, and I buy raw milk and other good stuff from a food co-op. Send me a message and I'll fill you in on the details, if you'd like!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12