Thread: Does it matter when I take my supps? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

Does it matter when I take my supps?

Shop Now
    I'm currently taking the multi for women that Cillikat recommends and Now brand's D3 and Krill Oil. Unlike the other bottles, the Krill Oil label says to take them in the morning with breakfast. I've been taking the other pills before bed with my BC.

Should I be taking them in the morning? And what what about mornings when I fast and don't eat breakfast?

Tia

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I take mine with a meal, since supps are food. The only one taken alone is probiotics before bed.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    It's important to take some supplements with food because of the fat soluble factor, for instance, vitamins ADEK are all fat soluble, so eating with fat enhances/enables absorption. I tend to take my supps with the first meal just to ensure myself I have the nutrients I need.

For mornings you fast take the supplements with the first meal post-fast.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Is there a time frame though. for instance if I took supplements half an hour after I've eaten my meal is that an issue.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Better half an hour after than half an hour before (unless otherwise posted on actual bottle). Taking it with the food (as in immediately post-meal) could enhance absorption for vitamins/minerals, while for other supplements it might interrupt.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com