Hi! Fellow hypo here, if you click my link in my siggy you will see at teh bottom of my blog what this way of eating has done for me
As for how to eat. I follow the eat when I am hungry plan. I usually end up at the 50/30/20 ranges with fat being 50%, protein being 40% and carbs being 20% of my total. Of course it is a fluid thing and somedays I have 60% fat.
I eat usually eggs and some meat for breakfast. I still eat fruits and veggies, more veggies than fruits. I eat meat, nuts and seeds. I try not to get too religous about it all. When I am hungry I eat, when I am not hungry I don't eat. When I first started I ate a lot of fruit and still lost weight. I started in August though, which is fruit season. As the year went on I ate less fruit.
THe important thing is to eat real food, avoid grains, beans and potatoes. Only eat things that make you feel good. If you follow those simple priciples you will be just fine