Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somebody STOP me!!!! page

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Somebody STOP me!!!!

Shop Now
    I have belonged to sprakpeople.com for a long time. There is a small paleo team and I like the low carb team there. I also have been using the food tracker for a long time, so I am comfortable with it. When I need/want to track my nutrients I go there.

Lately, for hte first time in over 4 years, I have been going to their regular message board. Please, pretty, pretty please tell me this is stoooopid! It is, because all the CW garbage. I am going to have a coronary. And then they will blame my liefstyle, not the stress caused by making myself crazy reading that crap.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Leave them alone. Out of sight, out of mind.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    "Special K Challenge" What the hell is that and how do I kill it?

Sometimes you just gotta jump out of the crazy tree, even if you have to take a little bump on the way down. Better than being bitten by the crazy snake.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Aegle is offline Junior Member
    I think reading stuff from other viewpoints can be inspirational, in that "I'm gonna prove you wrong" kinda way. I know it's a little silly, but I sometimes read stuff on a certain site recommending everyone eats thirty something-or-others every twenty-four hours. Not gonna name it, lest I provoke another invasion! I figure the best argument against their nonsense, or CW, or whatever is to get myself super-healthy by PB methods.

Use your forays into CW territory to further your own goals. But if you feel a coronary coming on, maybe steer clear for awhile.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Don't focus as much on low-carb as on the quality of your carbs. Your body needs carbohydrate. It cannot burn fat without adequate carbohydrate intake, and your brain and nervous system operate EXCLUSIVELY on carbohydrates.
    This is the part that drives me batty. Yeah, okay. I think I need to avoid some of the posts and just read those that won't make me nuts.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    All I know is I was plateauing for a long time until I upped my carb intake.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
    this is the part that drives me batty.
    hey!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Nutmeg,

I could actually say the same things about parts of the MDA forum
    I'm trying to lie low. No point in getting yourself all frazzled, cause people are pretty much going to do whatever they do.
    All we can control, is what WE do.
    *tries to follow her own advice*

Katt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    All I know is I was plateauing for a long time until I upped my carb intake.
    Yeah... I lowered my carbs to 20 grams a day for months... and plateaued big time. I'm working on upping them to around an average of 50, with occasional bouts of 75 grams a day to see how that works out for me. I'm feeling more energetic than I had been.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    Lately, for hte first time in over 4 years, I have been going to their regular message board. Please, pretty, pretty please tell me this is stoooopid! It is, because all the CW garbage. I am going to have a coronary. And then they will blame my liefstyle, not the stress caused by making myself crazy reading that crap.
    I suggest staying away from them. They have the government Food Pyramid, Big Food, Inc, the Amedican Diabetes Assn Food Pyramid, and brainwashed doctors + nutritionists nationwide parroting the "Official Propaganda." All we have is a nutty book and a few quack doctors supporting us ( in their opinion ). NO ONE is going to believe us that grains & sugars are bad for our health, and by discussing such HEARSAY is just opening ourselves up for RIDICULE.

I told a poor super obese man at the gym today about our diet plan, and he laughed at me, saying if Bread was good enough for Jesus Christ, it was good enough for him. We are fighting a LOSING battle speaking against CW & Big Government.

Like it or not, when we speak against conventional wisdom, we are automatically classified as a NUT CASE. Who the hell are we to speak against the GOVERNMENT Food Pyramid ? ? Sooo I have learned to keep my mouth shut, unless someone asks me how I lost weight.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-28-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast