Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about tea? page

biggrizzly is offline Junior Member

What about tea?

Primal Fuel
    I have been doing the Primal Diet and staying pretty close to the 80/20 rule as I can. I gave up all soft drinks on August 9th and have had only water, tea, wine, or beer. I try to keep the wine or beer to a minium but hell I can't give up all my vices. I predominately drink water but have added some good organic teas that I steep from loose tea and not the bagged supermarket varieties. I have lost 30lbs since the 1st of August and hopping onto this cool way of living.
    Last edited by biggrizzly; 09-28-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Good for you... but was there a question in there? I was fooled by the title.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    If you're asking, tea's fine on Primal. If not, I'm glad you found some that you like.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Wow thirty pounds in a couple months is very impressive. I drink green tea all day long and iced tea when I'm out. Now, we are talking unsweetened fresh brewed tea here though. Not some kind of artificially sweetened with extract of used radials here though.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    I drink herbal tea all the time: - peppermint/licquorice root/fennel/ginger blend for digestion, dandelion root for detox, valerian at night to help me sleep...

I don't drink 'black' tea, though.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    I drink lots of black tea, no milk. Also green tea.
    Well done on the thirty pounds mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    Good for you... but was there a question in there? I was fooled by the title.
    Sorry.. Yeah, I meant to ask the question again in the body, just got wrapped up in my story.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Wow thirty pounds in a couple months is very impressive. I drink green tea all day long and iced tea when I'm out. Now, we are talking unsweetened fresh brewed tea here though. Not some kind of artificially sweetened with extract of used radials here though.
    Your absolutely right... none of that packaged sweatened tea for me. I'm even staying away from the supermarket bagged teas which for the most part are just the dust and scraps from the good stuff.

I have slowed down the weight loss considerably in the past month. I'm losing a couple a week sticking to the plan set out in Mark's book. I've had my ups and downs since I started in August, but I'm so much happier and seem to actually had a major reduction in appetite. In the past I'd come home from work and want to eat everything in the pantry. I think a lot of that has to do with getting rid of the sweatened and artificially sweetened stuff.

So... from what I glean here, the Tea is ok (not talking about herbals as they are not actually tea). That's good because I really like the fresh loose black and green teas and am now trying a variety of other preparations of the real Teas.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Oh my goodness, I love tea. I had this one tea, Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. It is unsweetened but it tastes amazing - really tastes like cookies. So I jammed down a couple cups one night and got it in my head to read the ingredients. Milk thistle, roasted barley...WHAT?! I don't think barley is primal. I don't like it enough to have it pull away from my 80%. Those sneaky tea makers. :P

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    Oh my goodness, I love tea. I had this one tea, Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. It is unsweetened but it tastes amazing - really tastes like cookies. So I jammed down a couple cups one night and got it in my head to read the ingredients. Milk thistle, roasted barley...WHAT?! I don't think barley is primal. I don't like it enough to have it pull away from my 80%. Those sneaky tea makers. :P
    That was an herbal and not really a tea. Tea only comes from the Camelia sinensis plant. All true teas, green, black, white, oolong and Pu' erh come from the same leaf of the same plant, just processed differently to create slightly differing tastes. I love herbals if they don't contain sugars or stuff I shouldn't have. However, I like the caffiene in the tea although we should not have it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast