Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What about tea? page 2

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    real tea is a real plant! in fact it is a leafy green if you really think about it!

We got some fresh mint leaves the other day, tore them up and poured hot water over them, fantastic hot tea, and great cold too...of course that is not real tea leaves, but it was great too.

As far as slowing down, 30 pounds in 8 weeks is fantasic, but you should expect your body to slow down a bit and get in a groove. We are in the same position, My 14 yr old daughter has lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks, husb 20 pounds, and I...well as usual I am slower, only 15 pounds.
    For us we are reading back through the book and making sure we are really on target with our protien intake, we know our carbs are at 50-65 per day, and we might even juggle that around a week at a time to find that sweet spot. So we are going to be tracking a little more regularly to make sure we are on track and continue the "sheddin' o da fat"

Great job!

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    I drink tea every day, all day. 3-6 cups. Black or green, preferably loose. Never liked sugar or milk in my tea, so not something I really had to adjust since going primal. Can no longer have Earl Gray b/c the bergamot (citrus extract) irritates the corners of my mouth, but it's cool, plain tea has always tasted awesome to me.
    congrats on the weight loss!!
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Bagged tea vs. loose tea:

I am not sure of any difference. I took a few varieties---Twining's Irish Breakfast, assorted Bigelow teas, assorted Asian teas from the Stash catalog ----all told about twelve different teas. I broke open the tea bags and compared them to the corresponding loose teas. I found no difference in physical appearance or in taste.

Perhaps my standards and tastes aren't as refined as those of others.

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biggrizzly View Post
    So... from what I glean here, the Tea is ok (not talking about herbals as they are not actually tea). That's good because I really like the fresh loose black and green teas and am now trying a variety of other preparations of the real Teas.
    Not sure if you are near any of the Baltimore Coffee & Tea Company locations. I loved trips to their shop when I lived in the Timonium area. Their tea selection is among the best I've seen and their Eastern Shore Tea Company has a lot of wonderful offerings. Fortunately, everything is available online so I can still get their products here in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    Bagged tea vs. loose tea:

I am not sure of any difference. I took a few varieties---Twining's Irish Breakfast, assorted Bigelow teas, assorted Asian teas from the Stash catalog ----all told about twelve different teas. I broke open the tea bags and compared them to the corresponding loose teas. I found no difference in physical appearance or in taste.

Perhaps my standards and tastes aren't as refined as those of others.
    I find there is a huge difference in taste, aroma and appearance. The tea in tea bags are the "crumbs" of the tea leaves. The brands you mention are among the best tea purveyors and their "crumbs" are of higher quality than grocery store brand teas. Still no comparison to the loose leaves though.

FitGirl is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't survive without tea, as along with water, it's the only thing I drink! I love white tea too, it sits better with my palate than green tea...

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mizski View Post
    Not sure if you are near any of the Baltimore Coffee & Tea Company locations. I loved trips to their shop when I lived in the Timonium area. Their tea selection is among the best I've seen and their Eastern Shore Tea Company has a lot of wonderful offerings. Fortunately, everything is available online so I can still get their products here in New England.

I find there is a huge difference in taste, aroma and appearance. The tea in tea bags are the "crumbs" of the tea leaves. The brands you mention are among the best tea purveyors and their "crumbs" are of higher quality than grocery store brand teas. Still no comparison to the loose leaves though.
    There are some companies making loose-leaf tea bags (pyramid-shaped). I, too, have compared them, and they look the same. Revolution is one brand.

However, I almost always drink loose-leaf. I'm into white tea right now. Oh and there is a tea by Zhi Tea. Tropical Green. YUMMY. The scent of this tea is gorgeous.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    I recently figured out that herbal teas often have soy in the them. I am allergic to soy so I won't even touch something that lists, "natural flavoring" on the package but often times soy lecithin is listed (and definitely not primal.... especially for the manfolk). Just a head's up.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I'm wondering what white tea is??

I personally like twinings lemon scented or earl grey tea, both with just a dash of milk and 1/2 tspn of sugar (shocking arent I!) and for an after dinner treat Dilmah Rose and Vanilla tea (no milk and no sugar)

I'd probably die of dehydration without my tea

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Disclaimer: Tea (bagged or loose) is a wonderful and healthy drink. For those who love tea, the loose leaf tea brewed properly is a delight to the palate.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonPA-S View Post
    There are some companies making loose-leaf tea bags (pyramid-shaped). I, too, have compared them, and they look the same. Revolution is one brand.
    Those tea sachets are terrific for portability. The tea sachets (like the ones from my local tea vendor, Harney & Sons) are loose teas in a sachet for convenience and very different from the regular tea bags sold by a lot of companies.

More on loose tea vs tea bags:

High quality loose teas are made from the plantís finest hand-picked buds, whole tea leaves, large pieces of leaves or a combination of these parts.

In contrast, the tea found in tea bags usually consist of smaller pieces of tea leaves or tea fannings (also referred to as dusts) which may give a quicker brew, but lack the subtlety and full flavor of the larger loose leaf teas. Tea bags can also release more tannin than loose teas giving a harsher flavor to the tea.
    Source: teavana.com

FitGirl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I'm wondering what white tea is??
    I drink Lotus Peak white tea http://www.lotuspeak.com.au/main/page_faq.html I can get it here in Aus, not sure about NZ!
    IMO, it tastes much nicer than green tea, and is apparently the healthiest of all teas to drink. I need to have milk in my black tea, but can drink white tea without it :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast