Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixed alcohol drinks page

Bushrat is offline Senior Member

Mixed alcohol drinks

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What would be the most primal thing to mix alcohol with?

My main concern is tequila, but we can discuss other alcohols.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Try mixing your booze with coconut milk.

Coconut milk is also fantastic with coffee, they complement each other for a great new taste.

IMO, alcohol is BAD for your liver, and causes toxic liver damage and in larger amounts cirrhosis of the liver. Why not just stop drinking?

You can also use try carbonated water, fruit juices, tomato juice, coffee, tea, & almond milk.

Best of health to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-28-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    IMO, alcohol is BAD for your liver, and causes toxic liver damage and in larger amounts cirrhosis of the liver. Why not just stop drinking?
    I know its bad, and I know its a dumb thing to do, but I'm still going to do it. I don't have any justification or rationalisation.

I can't stomach coconut. But thanks anyway.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    I actually rarely drink any more, after years of doing quite a lot of it, and am surprised to be the happier for that.

But I heard a Russian once say that vodka enhances the flavors of foods as well as wine does. I think that may be correct, as it enhances the hell out of the flavor of orange juice. I think citrus juices are both primal and flavorful as mixers.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Well I had a kir the other night, but that's not exactly primal. I was thinking creme something, but they all contain a ton of sugar (thinking from the berry aspect).

I love kahlua and cream, but I can't have that too often! I don't like tequila, but I thought you just mixed that with lime juice?

When I did drink, my main poison was Southern Comfort and lemonade with a lime twist.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Cree View Post
    I actually rarely drink any more, after years of doing quite a lot of it, and am surprised to be the happier for that.

But I heard a Russian once say that vodka enhances the flavors of foods as well as wine does. I think that may be correct, as it enhances the hell out of the flavor of orange juice. I think citrus juices are both primal and flavorful as mixers.
    I was mixing my tequila with OJ, but every OJ on the shelf is full of sugar.

@ shrinking_violet: I have neither heard of using lime juice, though people use lemons or limes when doing lip, sip and suck.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-alcohol/

with that being said, if i do tequila, i usually mix it with club soda/sparkling water and lime.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    I was mixing my tequila with OJ, but every OJ on the shelf is full of sugar.
    Yeah, but I don't think the sugar is added, it's just the way OJ is. I keep it around and drink a little of it often enough, though not in very large quantities, or even everyday. It doesn't desensitize my tongue to sweetness or anything, since I avoid sugar in most things.

Sometimes, I'll use orange juice to flavor soda water on ice ever so slightly, maybe with a squeeze of lime. I think this could be mixed with alcohol to good effect, for a lower sugar drink, though I'm not sure Grok had soda water. But I think it would fall within the sugar parameters we're looking for.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    I think gin and vodka are better drinks because they are the only spirits without sugar and gin and tonic or vodka lime and soda don't need fruit juice.

If you are sticking to your tequila, don't you just lick, sip and suck? lemon and salt are fine!!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    with that being said, if i do tequila, i usually mix it with club soda/sparkling water and lime.
    +1 - this is really good! Robb Wolf calls it the Norcal Margarita. http://paleogirls.com/2010/02/12/the-wolf-margarita/
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast