Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineer carnivores out of existence - people are truly nuts page

Bushrat is offline Senior Member

Engineer carnivores out of existence - people are truly nuts

The article: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...e-meat-eaters/

This is a link to Tom Naughton (AKA Fat head)'s take on the article. This article is also getting its own thread:

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...dest-proposal/
    Last edited by Bushrat; 09-28-2010 at 01:25 AM.

reamz is offline Senior Member
    ridiculous article, but was nice to see some intelligent comments. it's a lil scary to think this guy may actually be serious..

Leave nature alone for chris'sakes!
    Last edited by reamz; 09-28-2010 at 06:39 AM.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't finish the article. That has been the most ridiculous thing I have read in a very long time. I thought he was joking until he started quoting the bible "and the lion will eat straw with the ox." Wow, he needs to get outside more often.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    more like laid. needs to get laid more often./.

haha
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    "Here, then, is where matters stand thus far. It would be good to prevent the vast suffering and countless violent deaths caused by predation. There is therefore one reason to think that it would be instrumentally good if predatory animal species were to become extinct and be replaced by new herbivorous species, provided that this could occur without ecological upheaval involving more harm than would be prevented by the end of predation. The claim that existing animal species are sacred or irreplaceable is subverted by the moral irrelevance of the criteria for individuating animal species. I am therefore inclined to embrace the heretical conclusion that we have reason to desire the extinction of all carnivorous species, and I await the usual fate of heretics when this article is opened to comment."

And people listen to this swill? He needs to grow up. We live, we eat, we die, and in turn we are eaten. It is called the cycle of life, and it is the WAY.THINGS.ARE. Either accept LIFE and move on, or fight about it in your own philosophical hole in your head. But we needn't pay attention to the lunacy.
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    That article sounded like drivel written by a 13 year old with visions of rainbow colored ponies and lions laying next to lambs.

xntrik is offline Member
    That guy's article is so mind-blowingly, breathtakingly, jaw-droppingly stupid that I don't even know what to say in response to it. I can't fathom a mind that would hold such a position.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Does this guy have no clue what happens environmentally when herbivorous species populations can grow unchecked? Deer overpopulation is a major problem in areas where natural predators have been removed from the food chain (particularly where wolves have been hunted to localized extinction). The deer eat everything in sight, destroy the vegetation in their habitat, and then starve to death. Yeah, let's do that to our entire planet. Brilliant.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    That article sounded like drivel written by a 13 year old with visions of rainbow colored ponies and lions laying next to lambs.
    THIRITEEN YEAR OLD....?! Most 13 year olds I know would see it as BS!!

Methnks this Jeff wossisname is a fully paid up member of 40azc (advance the letters one and you'll get what I mean). Or maybe that's DR's real name (oh, wait, he's an Aussie, isn't he...?)
    La tristesse durera toujours...

xntrik is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Look what happens in India when bamboo forests flower every 48 years. The rat population explodes and moves on to eating all the crops. The result is famine. Any environmental variable that brings about huge expansions of rodent populations is a grave danger to humanity. That idiot's new age hippy religion, imposed globally, could literally wipe out our own species!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast