Thread: Full Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI) ... hundreds of foods ranked page

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

Full Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI) ... hundreds of foods ranked

Primal Fuel
    http://www.eatrightamerica.com/andi-...l-andi-scoring

ANDI Scores ANDI Scores are calculated by evaluating an extensive range of food factors, including vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and antioxidant capacities, based on an equal number of calories for each food. After completing the calculations, foods are ranked on a numerical scale of 1 to 1000, with the highest nutrient foods given a score of 1000.

A complete description of how ANDI scores are calculated appears on www.EatRightAmerica.com as well as in my book Eat for Health. To order, visit www.EatRightAmerica.com/store or call (877) ERA-4-USA.

Easy-to-get benefits While nutrient scores are calculated using sophisticated scientific considerations, you donít have to be a scientist to get the many benefits of high-nutrient food, recipes and menus. Simply take the information youíve learned here , put it into practice, and start on the road to a thinner, healthier you Ė today!

NOTE: Calorie and Sodium data are provided for reference only. They are not related to ANDI scores.
    ANDI scores provide a relative ranking based on an equal amount of calories

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Much of this is kind of useless. Many fruits have a massive amount of vitamin c, but we don't really benefit from any more vitamin c than we can use so they look good when really that have only very little utility beyond vitamin c and a little potassium. Also antinutrients are obviously no accounted for and many of these "phytonutrients" aren't of any use at all. I would rather just use nutritiondata. I wonder if Fuhrman considers saturated fat to be a nutrient since it raises HDL to combat diseases that Furhman puts his clients at risk of by killing their cholesterol levels and reducing LDL particle size.

This was at least worth looking at. Thank you.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

shemdogg is offline Senior Member
    Ha dude u don't have to say thank u at the end of all that

I don't live my life by this I just recently noticed the signs for it at whole foods

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. Thanks for that. Makes me feel better about going back to collard greens over and over again. Cabbage, too.