Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs page

hdizzle99 is offline Junior Member

Eggs

Primal Fuel
    Ok, I am perhaps the world's pickiest eater. I have always hated eggs, but after finding MDA, I have been trying to like them. I have tried a fried egg(in bacon fat no less) with bacon, and did not really care for it. I have tried a really thin omelette from a diner filled with bacon and sausage and cheese, and it was just ok.

I get my veggies through green smoothies and pureed soups, because of texture issues I have. but I like the flavor of onions, garlic, peppers, etc.

Any suggestions for a way to make eggs that might be better than what I have thought of?

davidtx is offline Member
    Scramble them with lots of onions, garlics and peppers. Or make an omelette whit the same ingredients. Then cover it in salsa if that isn't enough.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure you should force yourself to eat something you hate. Part of the beauty and sustainability of PB is eating real, whole foods that you love!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    You'll notice your tastes changing with time. I used to hate liver, and brussels sprouts. Now they're enjoyable. In fact I now love brussels sprouts. I'm currently learning to like kidney.

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    Eggs fried in coconut oil with salsa on top.

stef is offline Member
    I understand the texture issue. The only way I could eat eggs before was with a bite of toast. After no-gluten I'd eat them with a bite of potato. Now? Try a frittata with lots of veg and cheese. I would like to have a poached egg but can't figure out a way around the texture issue w/o an english muffin to go with it.

stef is offline Member
    I have a plan to try scrambled eggs with salsa and avocado. Might work.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Try a crustless quiche with just enough egg to glue the the components together. Add more egg as your tastes for it grows. If it never does, no worries. Find something else tasty.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    I love eggs but i hate fried eggs. I do like poached eggs with hollandaise (easy to make: melt a stick of butter, put it in the blender, while its running put egg yolks into blender: guaranteed hollandaise without worrying about the eggs cooking in the hot butter!). add a lil salt, fresh cracked pepper and paprika - delicious! even better if the egg is placed on some sauteed spinach, sliced tomato, and then pour the hollandaise all over the lot.
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

smiling_jack is offline Junior Member
    Maybe a slightly modified Huevos Rancheros?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast