Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sardines? page

birdie is offline Member

Sardines?

Primal Fuel
    Am I becoming more primal if I now love and crave sardines straight outta the can?
    OMGsh who knew?! Seriously, they're like fish candy. What the heck is happening to me?!
    It's kinda weird and embarassing, but still good. Gotta go use some mouth wash....

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Haha. I'm with you. I eat a can 4-5 days a week. Usually straight, sometimes with mustard.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    You are talking about my candy. Sardines, anchovies (great but salty), kippers, mussels, oysters. Even tuna and salmon. I always have loads of personal sized cans of that stuff in my pantry for in between or, more often, instead of, the regular un-canned fish and meat. NB I skip a lot of meals.

Tell you another secret. For years, I have been buying select sea food in bait shops. Calamari is calamari. If it is big it tastes the same as if it is small (like bait). Saves a lot of money and I actually like it.

Sometimes I think of opening a sashima and bait shop out by the lake.

davidtx is offline Member
    I was at a conference today and skipped breakfast & lunch. I came home and had some cottage cheese, followed by a can of kipper snacks and just now had a can of sardines in olive oil as my evening snack. Now that I can't use whole wheat bread to sop up the oil, I've resorted to drinking the oil from the can.

My dirty little secret: My wife HATES sardines and the smell of sardines. When my daughter was about 2 years old, I got her eating and loving sardines with me. Twenty six years later and I think she has finally forgiven me.

davidtx is offline Member
    I tried a can of sardines pre-workout the other day. I'm not sure I'll do it again - at least not without a LOT of mouthwash between the sardines and the workout.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    LOL david! I started my kids on artichokes when they were young. My husband scratches his head at their weird tastebuds.

nonajoy is offline Junior Member
    A note to the parents of little ones...

If you want to encourage them to eat weird things, eat it in front of them, exclaiming to each other how yummy it is...When they ask for some, tell them that they are :robably:: too young to have grown the taste buds to love it. And, explain that these grow in gradually, so they can try it soon.

Then, leave some of the tasty tidbits laying around, and say absolutely nothing about it. Rinse and repeat, never asking them to try a bite.

Eventually, they will be eager to test to see if their taste buds have grown in enough to see what you all are loving so much.

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    Sardines in spring water with a dash of Frank's Red Hot Sauce....yum!!!

Longtail4711 is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm, I LOVE sardines! My parents would actually stick a can in my stocking every Christmas. No joke!

shannon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    wild planet sardines <3 <3 <3
    i'll pack a few cans in my purse for a snack while we're out. only downside is that i smell a lil funny afterwards;-) oh well, they're SO worth it!!
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast