Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive volcano wiped out Neanderthals page

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

Dan Rivera is offline Member
    There is no doubt in my mind that if the Neanderthals had migrated south, we would have been wiped the **** out.
    These beings were extremely smart, and they hunted giants animals with big teeth and claws as a living. Imagine what they would have done to our wimpy species.
    Though, to be fair, there is always the possibility of communicable disease wiping out one or the other.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Well, it says that may have been the reason, it's an hypothesis. I do think it's fascinating.

And the article says the Neanderthals were already being crowded out by humans, so I guess they weren't about to wipe us out. But I'm just taking the article's word for that. Maybe it's a theory too

True. Humans may not be good at fighting off large predators compared to other animals, but we sure are good at ****ing, uh, I mean "crowding out".

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Sweet.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    I've read, probably on this forum, that most modern Europeans (and presumably European-Americans) carry some Neanderthal genes today, from past interbreeding. If so, they aren't really wiped out.

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rivera View Post
    True. Humans may not be good at fighting off large predators compared to other animals, but we sure are good at ****ing, uh, I mean "crowding out".

LOL. There is evidence to support the interbreeding of Early Humans and Neanderthals. So, uh, case in point. Good at ****ing.

::edit:: Here is a link: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...ng_with_humans

I'm mean, we all know a few people who look like they are "de-evolving" the species. It's definitely plausible. Go to Walmart on any given Friday night.
    Last edited by New Renaissance; 09-28-2010 at 03:21 PM.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Cree View Post
    I've read, probably on this forum, that most modern Europeans (and presumably European-Americans) carry some Neanderthal genes today, from past interbreeding. If so, they aren't really wiped out.
    Yes I read that too. I'm very interested in Neanderthal genealogy. It never made sense to me that the opinion was we didn't interbreed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by New Renaissance View Post
    LOL. There is evidence to support the interbreeding of Early Humans and Neanderthals. So, uh, case in point. Good at ****ing.

::edit:: Here is a link: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...ng_with_humans

I'm mean, we all know a few people who look like they are "de-evolving" the species. It's definitely plausible. Go to Walmart on any given Friday night.
    BIIIG COUUUNNNTRY SAAAAAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS!!!!!
    Seriously though, its unreasonable to assume genetic inferiority because of culture. Empathy > BeingANazi
    A lot of pictures portray neanderthals as dirty, brutish, slumped over, muddy ogres when in fact recent evidence is pointing out that their intelligence rivaled ours. They were, in their own right, as evolved as ourselves. The differences between us were obviously small enough to not only allow procreation, BUT ENCOURAGE IT. Think about that. We did not mind having sex with neanderthals. I understand some people dont mind having sex with dogs but I like to think those people are a minority among us.
    Then I walk into wal mart at friday night

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What's to say, logically, that some of the recessive genes from Northern Europeans like blond and red hair, blue and green eyes, and lighter skin didn't come from interbreeding with the predominantly northern Neanderthals? We have human mummies, but not Neanderthal. We have no accurate picture of what they looked like.

Imagine telling a die hard aryan brotherhood neo-nazi they got their blue eyes and blond hair from the Neanderthal race.

No Clan of the Cave Bear There

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast