Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scientific Study Of Natural ,Primal Living, Diet, And Happiness! page

EvolutionaryPsychologist is offline Junior Member

Scientific Study Of Natural ,Primal Living, Diet, And Happiness!

Hey all,

I'm an evolutionary psychologist and I'm currently collecting results from a study on the effects of a Primal living, a paleo diet and happiness. It also measures other cognitive factors such as mindfulness, personality etc..

So far the results are fairly outstanding. There is a correlation of .43 between eating a paleo diet and happiness. That means that the degree to which one eats a paleo diet can explain 18% of a person's happiness, making it one of the largest predictors of happiness known to man.

However, before I can publish these results I need more data! Here is where you guys come in, I need you primal livers to take my survey. It takes about 25 minutes, you don't have to finish it right away as long as you don't hit the X button and close the tab. Do it at your leisure if you want.

From all accounts the survey is pretty fun to take and it will introduce you to some other primal behaviors you may or may not be doing..such as sitting around a campfire, dancing, wrestling, making a physical effort to achieve a goal with others, having a mutual orgasm.

As a bonus, and incentive to take the survey one in ten people who take it will win a $25 gift card to amazon, ticketmaster or something else of your choosing.

Take the survey here

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NaturalLiving

Give me feedback please.

I'll let you know of the results as they come in.

Oh yes, and please answer honestly to all questions. There are built in mechanisms to detect if one is being incongruent. If found, the data will be thrown out.
    Last edited by EvolutionaryPsychologist; 09-27-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I love evolutionary psychology, you sound like my kind of person .

One concern that I have is that if you tell us the purpose of your study ahead of time, that might influence the voting and make the study bias. I am very fond of paleo and I want it to grow and spread so that more people can get healthy, and with this realization it seems that whatever you ask me about myself, I will lbe more ikely rate myself very highly so that people reading your study will perceive a connection between the paleo lifestyle and happiness and adopt the lifestyle to become happier, thus adding legitimacy and popularity to paleo that it didn't actually deserve. I think that paleo, health and happiness have a causal relationship, but my word isn't good enough. What if I really wasn't happy and paleo was actually affecting me negatively and yet I still rated myself highly because I was in denial and had an emotional attachment to paleo? That's not the case but I think that there are quite a few people in food movements or food religions (who will not be named) who are indeed in denial about the wisdom of their dietary choices. And so if voting is bias the numbers may not reflect reality.

So perhaps just say that you are taking a survey of people who practice the paleo/primal lifestyle but don't elucidate the true intention of the study. Anyway I will take your survey and answer truthfully.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

FlamingAndromeda is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I found your blog the other day and just added you to my Reader last night....the post I read this morning about autism and vit. D was fascinating...can't wait to get back and read some more!!! I'm not science minded but could understand what you were saying...so thanks for making it easier to understand than some!!!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Hmm - hi and welcome. Tell us who you are in real life, who funds the research please, etc.etc. standard human subjects protocols. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I love evolutionary psychology, you sound like my kind of person .

One concern that I have is that if you tell us the purpose of your study ahead of time, that might influence the voting and make the study bias. I am very fond of paleo and I want it to grow and spread so that more people can get healthy, and with this realization it seems that whatever you ask me about myself, I will lbe more ikely rate myself very highly so that people reading your study will perceive a connection between the paleo lifestyle and happiness and adopt the lifestyle to become happier, thus adding legitimacy and popularity to paleo that it didn't actually deserve. I think that paleo, health and happiness have a causal relationship, but my word isn't good enough. What if I really wasn't happy and paleo was actually affecting me negatively and yet I still rated myself highly because I was in denial and had an emotional attachment to paleo? That's not the case but I think that there are quite a few people in food movements or food religions (who will not be named) who are indeed in denial about the wisdom of their dietary choices. And so if voting is bias the numbers may not reflect reality.

So perhaps just say that you are taking a survey of people who practice the paleo/primal lifestyle but don't elucidate the true intention of the study. Anyway I will take your survey and answer truthfully.

Shabby,

You are of course correct, the purpose of my study is not intended on proving anything, and it is actually far far more complex than I have laid out here. There is also built in questions intended on filtering out people who are obviously lying. But that is as much as I can tell you.

EVERYONE ELSE. ANSWER HONESTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Hmm - hi and welcome. Tell us who you are in real life, who funds the research please, etc.etc. standard human subjects protocols. Thanks!
    All that information is on the first page of the survey.

Getting a good number of responses. Thanks guys.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    taking the survey.... i beat anorexia there was GOBS of psychology involved in that!!!!!!!!!!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Done! I found it very interesting. Can't wait to see the results.

And by the way- I chose the Target raffle option because I'm in the UK and like to go to Target when I'm in the U.S. LOL!

cemdev is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    omg. how long is the fecking thing? bored now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast