Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Fruits Do You Eat? page

NYR22 is offline Junior Member

What Fruits Do You Eat?

Primal Fuel
    So. According to the primal diet plan, I should avoid apples and bananas, correct? What fruits do you eat? I usually mix a banana in my daily shake and would prefer keeping it that way.

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    I eat all of them!

D'oh
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    Avocados, pretty regularly; other, seasonal fruit occasionally (2-4x per month) -- I get whatever happens to look/smell good at the market, but never stock up on different kinds of fruit like I used to
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Bananas, apples, mangos, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, occasional raisins and dried apricots in recipes. Oh, yeah...COCONUT!

It's all good...just don't eat it all in the same day. If you're worried about insulin spikes, eat it AFTER you have some protein and fat in your belly.

Joe B is offline Member
    I eat at least 20oz of strawberries everyday, they are so good. Also eat pineapple and blueberries, but I've been on a strawberry kick for the past month or so.

Eat bananas and apples, they are good for you, just include them with a meal.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    None except coconut in all forms! Fruit just makes me hungry. I'd rather have a mound of veggies.

Primallady is offline Senior Member
    I do well with berries and the odd piece of seasonal fruit like pears or easier to digest apples (apples were always rough on me).
    In Oz I like tropical fruit like dragonfruit, custard apple, papaya, mangoes etc; but that stuff really doesn't taste as good in USA.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I basically have a banana every day, along with all berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries). Any other fruit I'll have occasionally if its around. I make sure to have the berries and the bananas though, they are my favorites

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    It's been a while since I read the book so I might have just forgotten, but I don't know where everyone is getting the idea to avoid certain fruits. Mark explains they have higher carb content which you should be mindful of if you're trying to lose or maintain weight. That's all.

Freakin' masochistic alarmist culture.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Berries, apples, peaches, avocado, tomato, peppers, cherries, whatever else looks good...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast