Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tumeric Supplements page

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

Tumeric Supplements

Primal Fuel
    I have been considering taking a Tumeric supplement. Does anyone have any experience with these or recommendations on a brand and dosage?

I have read recommendations on the web of 400-600 milligrams per day. Some say the supplement should include piperine and/or bromelain to enhance bioavailability and absorption.

I bought Curcumin 95, by Jarrow Formulas, from the store today, but might take it back if someone has better suggestions. It just has Tumeric concentrate, but not other ingredients such as above as far as I can tell.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    John,
    This could be a stupid question, but couldn't you just eat tumeric?
    It's delicious on many things....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    John,
    Curry?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I am not a big fan of eating curry dishes. Yes, that would probably be one way to do it. However, the supplements are basically the same thing, just tumeric spice in a capsule.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ah. I just take mine in my cooking, so I can't make any recommendations.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    I have been considering taking a Tumeric supplement. Does anyone have any experience with these or recommendations on a brand and dosage?

I have read recommendations on the web of 400-600 milligrams per day. Some say the supplement should include piperine and/or bromelain to enhance bioavailability and absorption.

I bought Curcumin 95, by Jarrow Formulas, from the store today, but might take it back if someone has better suggestions. It just has Tumeric concentrate, but not other ingredients such as above as far as I can tell.

OOOHH - goody! I can help you now! Eat it - buy it as the spice and eat it! It's cheaper than buying it as a supp. I have it on EVERYTHING (well everythng savoury). It's FAR cheaper than buying it as a supplement (it's $16 for 160 caps for the brand you bought). I buy it from the grocery store for 45p (71c) for 100g. I'd like to find an organic FairTrade version, but the store where I order my groceries doesn't carry one...

I mix it in my scrambled eggs, omelettes, on my bacon & eggs, mixed in cottage cheese, tuna - you name it.

If you've got the money to burn, then go for the caps. I love the taste, so I buy the spice. Or don't you like it? Took me a while to acquire it, but I love it now!

Sarah.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

I wish I liked it, but no. However, I would like the benefits of it since it seems to have many.

Viking is offline Senior Member
    I bought some through Dr. Mercola a while back and have been taking it off and on. I have no idea if it is helping me in any way. It only has turmeric (700 mg), turmeric extract (curcuminoids 200 mg), and 100 mg of ginger; all organic.

http://organicindia.mercola.com/herb.../turmeric.aspx Hhis video starts right away.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    I wish I liked it, but no. However, I would like the benefits of it since it seems to have many.

I've no experience of Jarrow as a brand. All the supps I buy are either Dr.'s Best or NOW. Dr.'s Best gets some excellent reviews on iHerb - which is consistent for all their products. Dr. Best's got better reviews than Jarrow, I'd go for that.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Is it possible to buy empty capsules and just stuff them with turmeric yourself?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast