Thread: How to perfect the primal wrap? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

How to perfect the primal wrap?

Shop Now
    Since ditching bread, lettuce wraps are increasing in the home. I primalized this PF Chang's wrap recipe, I've made Primal Matriarch's spring roll wraps, and you can't beat tuna in a lettuce wrap!

But...I suck at having my food in a nice neat wrap So my question to you is, what kind(s) of greens do you use for wraps and do you have any tips for having an esthetically pleasing end product?

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    Nori -- can't really mess that up, just roll fillings in it like sushi rolls

I also use large romaine leaves, first slice off the thick ribs, as burrito-style wraps. Obviously messier than a real tortilla, but I don't mind that type of mess too much -- feels primal
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If I use lettuce, I use Green leaf and remove the ribs. Fold it up like a burrito and have fun!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

miller.ericr is offline Junior Member
    Collard greens with the large part of the rib cut out.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Cabbage leaves are my personal favorite
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

lbt
    lbt is offline Member
    I typically use red cabbage, as it seems to be more sturdy and add more crunch and flavor.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the responses everyone! I used iceburg just recently, and noticed that as I got in toward the center, the leaves were more oddly packed together and difficult to untangle. Does this happen with all "ball shaped" greens like cabbage? Or do the leaves stay more uniform in other varieties?

Also, I hadn't thought of Nori Wraps but I'll definitely be trying them out soon!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pretty much, jq, you're going to run into that issue with all heading greenage varieties. I'd suggest a leaf variety.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    boil kelp....wors wonderful and a natural saltiness too!