Thread: Hospitals Suck page

Rebecca3133 is offline Junior Member

Hospitals Suck

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday's primal activity consisted of sprinting out of work to the van, from the van to the house, from the house back to the van and into the ER room with a little boy in tow. Can't get much more primal than flight-or-fight now can we?

Rough and tumble boys and kitty cats don't mix well. Just sayin.

Anywho, hospitals are no fun. Glad they are there, but no fun! The kiddo is doing much better today, and I took the day off just to stay home with my little guy and chill.

My current diet changes came in handy yesterday. I had a good breakfast and lunch yesterday, but didn't eat anything but a small handful of almonds, a little fruit and cheese from 11:30 to 7:00. My husband and I made ourselves take a dinner break while we were waiting for the plastic surgeon to get to the hospital. I got some dinner from the deli at the closest store, ended up eating only the sliced turkey breast. The other stuff did not taste good to me. I did not get the shakes or a migraine or stomach problems. I was upset, but able to stay calm, no emotional breakdowns. Before, minor emergencies like this rendered me physically ill and emotionally drained for days. Once it was all over, and we were home with him sleeping soundly, I was able to do the same.

A part of the reason I want to be in better shape is so that I can be around for my family for a long time to come, and be strong for them when they need me. Even though I have been at this for a short time, yesterday was the proof in the pudding that this is working for me in a big, definable and positive way.

Yep. I think I like this:-)

rebecca

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    Yikes, plastic surgeon? What happened? Hope he is ok.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad Primal's working for you.
    How's the kiddo? He doing any better?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Rebecca3133 is offline Junior Member
    He snuck up on our cat yesterday and screamed "Raarrr!" while she was sleeping. She lacerated his lower right eye lid pretty badly. The surgeon had to cut a piece off (it had already died by the time they got him to surgery) and stick it all back together. It didn't get the eye itself, but there was concern that the tear ducts were damaged. Luckily, the cat missed them. Unless there is a problem with healing (infection or something) the duct should remain undamaged.

It sounds horrible, and it LOOKED horrible yesterday, but the doctor did a good job with him.

He's doing so much better than I would be. He says it doesn't hurt, haven't had to give him the tylenol with codeine they prescribed. It seems to scabbing over and healing rather quickly, I think he will be just fine.

Twelve plus years of parenting and this is our first surgery. Fun stuff.