Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Advice for newbies page 44

kavakona is offline Junior Member
    Great ! Now , I understand why . LOL . Thanks !

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Thank you all so much for this thread and this forum. I started Paleo Aug. 24 after making the connection with my 6 mos pregnant appearance and the only thing I ate that day - one bowl of oatmeal. I wish I had known about this before my 40's but am grateful to know now. I especially appreciate the info about carb flu. I googled grain withdrawal but didn't find much info. I had what could only be described as a mental/physical meltdown last Saturday. It was like the PMS I experienced before going organic x 10. Not pretty and actually kinda scary. So today I feel better and got back on the treadmill - only 35 min today. Not sure if I will resume 45 min x 6 days a week or not. Just listening to my body and sticking with Paleo. Thanks again so much. I believe this is going to be lifechanging.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    --
    Last edited by MsSmith; 09-29-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: started a new thread about the topic
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Cavemom is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for making these bullet points for us newbies! I love the one where you suggest to not scrutinize too much about the ratios (at least unless something is out of wack,and it has been several months). I will have to remember that!

I have only been doing this now for 3 days. It's hard because out of 6 people in my family...I am the only one doing this. We would save so much money if that weren't the case. I could clean out my pantry and fridge, and fill them both with only primal stuff!

I think I am doing fine. I know for me I will have to watch that I eat enough, and PLANNING. GHA! I suck at planning. This will bite me in the butt if I don't learn to be way better at it. When I work sometimes I will fast all day, and be famished at night for dinner, and snack well into the night. I am tired when I get home, so I will have to make sure whatever I plan on eating will not take a lot of 'prep' time..or I will be doomed. So, any suggestions anyone has for this would be welcomed! I thought about maybe cooking on weekends for the week. Anyone have any recipes that work well for this sort of cooking/planning?

By the way, I am 48 and only 5'2" weighing in at 165 lbs. I have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome, sick thyroid, sick adrenals, vertigo, balance issues, chronic back pain...and the list goes on.

My goal is to 'feel better'. Become healthier obviously, and not feel like a lump of joint stiffness/pain and generally like I am in a constant flu-like mode 24/7.

Going Primal! A year from now hope to say that I am feeling better than I have in years, and hopefully down to weighing somewhere in the 120's.

Grok On!

Spiriteyes24 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all! I'm a newbie!!! So, if I'm wanting to lose body fat, and I don't have to limit my fat intake? Ie : avacado, nuts etc?

veggielove84 is offline Junior Member
    Im confused. Why would my cholesterol n blood pressure maybe go up if this is healthy? My blood pressure already high

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiriteyes24 View Post
    Hi all! I'm a newbie!!! So, if I'm wanting to lose body fat, and I don't have to limit my fat intake? Ie : avacado, nuts etc?
    Primal makes it sound that way, but it's not really true. Please read Mark's book, especially the part about fat-burner and sugar-burner. Even if you're on Primal, you still have to watch your carb and fat gram intakes. People who have been eating high-carb for years don't know when they feel full. And nuts are definitely a no-no if you want to lose fat.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

ocgem24 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for the newbie bullet point list. I am new to this whole primal eating and I think it's great. I started last week, but really without any direction. I have been using a paleo recipe book and to plan my meals. I joined because I want to know more about this lifestyle so I can keep at it. I have definitely been so fatigued and that's how I came across this website because I was looking for answers. Now that I have read that it's a normal, then now I'm just looking forward to continuing this primal lifestyle and reaching my weight goal.

gollysmum is offline Member
    Great advice. Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Dheis2 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello All!

Having just read all 439 post in the thread I am left with one quirk I just cannot understand. I have gone mostly Primal for a month and have noticed that my water consumption GREATLY affects my weightloss.

3L/day or less and I lose nothing. 4.5L/ day or more and I lose 0.2 - 2.2#s over night... consistently.

Any thoughts? Very happy with the new eating plan and all, just can't figure out the physiology and it's driving me NUTS!

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast