Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 450

Thread: Advice for newbies page 36

  1. #351
    Susie B's Avatar
    Susie B is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    Primal Fuel
    I changed to primal lifestyle 3 weeks ago... lost 2.5kg in 8 days...and nothing since then? I am not good with breakfast, have resorted to a whey protein/fresh berry shake in the morning...have no problem eliminating carbs, but cannot get my head around the breakfast options... I have another 10kg to shake off and would like to speed up the process?

  2. #352
    Comma's Avatar
    Comma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    459
    Also add in more salt in the beginning! I had killer headaches and bad flu, then I started over, slower this time and with LOTS of salt. I think I'm retaining water from it still, but it sure makes the headaches and crappy feeling go away. This time around I'm great! I think the salt is important.

  3. #353
    Jedyl's Avatar
    Jedyl is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    1
    hello i'm new so i'm not to sure that i should post this in here? i have not bought the book yet but plan too. i'm 24 and wan to turn my life around before it to late. i have little support at home so i'm turning to the net for friends who will encourage and help me. so any advice or tips to help me please!!

  4. #354
    Twibble's Avatar
    Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedyl View Post
    hello i'm new so i'm not to sure that i should post this in here? i have not bought the book yet but plan too. i'm 24 and wan to turn my life around before it to late. i have little support at home so i'm turning to the net for friends who will encourage and help me. so any advice or tips to help me please!!
    Start here: Primal Blueprint 101 | Mark's Daily Apple
    Start now. If you mess up, no worries. Keep going as best you can.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

    If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

    Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

  5. #355
    SashaMC's Avatar
    SashaMC is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Россия
    Posts
    1
    Интересная информация
    Лечение в Израиле, лечение рака в Израиле: http://isramedic.co.il/, http://cancermed.ru/

  6. #356
    fiercehunter's Avatar
    fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the world
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    Also add in more salt in the beginning! I had killer headaches and bad flu, then I started over, slower this time and with LOTS of salt. I think I'm retaining water from it still, but it sure makes the headaches and crappy feeling go away. This time around I'm great! I think the salt is important.
    If you like a salty taste, pick up some umeboshi plum vinegar. It's like a brine. Really good in salad dressing.

  7. #357
    Marita's Avatar
    Marita is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Hello. I will go by Marita. I received the 21 day book Thursday and read through it. I have been hearing bits and pieces for a while and now I def. want to do this. I have been trying to eat primal all at once, but I am a diabetic with all the symptoms and problems of metabolic syndrome. I am on meds and have been very hypoglycemic. What do I do about the T2D meds? I am on Metformin 1000 mg twice a day, glyburide 5 mg twice a day and meds for high bp, high cholesterol, depression, and I have psoriasis. Please advise.

  8. #358
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    **bump**

  9. #359
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Marita View Post
    Hello. I will go by Marita. I received the 21 day book Thursday and read through it. I have been hearing bits and pieces for a while and now I def. want to do this. I have been trying to eat primal all at once, but I am a diabetic with all the symptoms and problems of metabolic syndrome. I am on meds and have been very hypoglycemic. What do I do about the T2D meds? I am on Metformin 1000 mg twice a day, glyburide 5 mg twice a day and meds for high bp, high cholesterol, depression, and I have psoriasis. Please advise.
    Stay on the meds until your doc takes you off them.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  10. #360
    KB29's Avatar
    KB29 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9
    Hello all....probably on my third week transitioning into all of this. Coming from what I thought was the "right" way to eat, this is all new to me. I will say that, even not being very strict (almost no grains, with a few small slip ups, and a fair amount of beer), I feel outstanding and I think I've probably lost a few pounds and fat. The biggest problem I think I have is the mental block with going all-in with the fatty steak, bacon, butter, etc. I guess like everyone says, I'll trust everyone before me and see for myself.

    One thing I'm noticing though, is I'm worried that I'm not actually eating enough. I could almost go one meal a day at this point. Should I force myself to eat every ? hours in order to make sure I have enough fat/fuel in my body? Or just eat primal foods when I'm hungry?

    Also...what about lean meat? If I don't want to load up on bacon and butter and steak everyday, is it ok to work in some skinless chicken breasts grilled with olive oil, or something of the like? I love bacon, butter and steak, but I actually do like some "conventional" healthy foods as well. Is the drive towards these fatty meats a "requirement" or is it more of a 'because you can, why not?' type of thing?

    Thanks all...looking forward to seeing how this all goes.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •