Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for newbies page 36

Susie B is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I changed to primal lifestyle 3 weeks ago... lost 2.5kg in 8 days...and nothing since then? I am not good with breakfast, have resorted to a whey protein/fresh berry shake in the morning...have no problem eliminating carbs, but cannot get my head around the breakfast options... I have another 10kg to shake off and would like to speed up the process?

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Also add in more salt in the beginning! I had killer headaches and bad flu, then I started over, slower this time and with LOTS of salt. I think I'm retaining water from it still, but it sure makes the headaches and crappy feeling go away. This time around I'm great! I think the salt is important.

Jedyl is offline Junior Member
    hello i'm new so i'm not to sure that i should post this in here? i have not bought the book yet but plan too. i'm 24 and wan to turn my life around before it to late. i have little support at home so i'm turning to the net for friends who will encourage and help me. so any advice or tips to help me please!!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedyl View Post
    hello i'm new so i'm not to sure that i should post this in here? i have not bought the book yet but plan too. i'm 24 and wan to turn my life around before it to late. i have little support at home so i'm turning to the net for friends who will encourage and help me. so any advice or tips to help me please!!
    Start here: Primal Blueprint 101 | Mark's Daily Apple
    Start now. If you mess up, no worries. Keep going as best you can.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

SashaMC is offline Junior Member
    Интересная информация
    Лечение в Израиле, лечение рака в Израиле: http://isramedic.co.il/, http://cancermed.ru/

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    Also add in more salt in the beginning! I had killer headaches and bad flu, then I started over, slower this time and with LOTS of salt. I think I'm retaining water from it still, but it sure makes the headaches and crappy feeling go away. This time around I'm great! I think the salt is important.
    If you like a salty taste, pick up some umeboshi plum vinegar. It's like a brine. Really good in salad dressing.

Marita is offline Junior Member
    Hello. I will go by Marita. I received the 21 day book Thursday and read through it. I have been hearing bits and pieces for a while and now I def. want to do this. I have been trying to eat primal all at once, but I am a diabetic with all the symptoms and problems of metabolic syndrome. I am on meds and have been very hypoglycemic. What do I do about the T2D meds? I am on Metformin 1000 mg twice a day, glyburide 5 mg twice a day and meds for high bp, high cholesterol, depression, and I have psoriasis. Please advise.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    **bump**

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marita View Post
    Hello. I will go by Marita. I received the 21 day book Thursday and read through it. I have been hearing bits and pieces for a while and now I def. want to do this. I have been trying to eat primal all at once, but I am a diabetic with all the symptoms and problems of metabolic syndrome. I am on meds and have been very hypoglycemic. What do I do about the T2D meds? I am on Metformin 1000 mg twice a day, glyburide 5 mg twice a day and meds for high bp, high cholesterol, depression, and I have psoriasis. Please advise.
    Stay on the meds until your doc takes you off them.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

KB29 is offline Junior Member
    Hello all....probably on my third week transitioning into all of this. Coming from what I thought was the "right" way to eat, this is all new to me. I will say that, even not being very strict (almost no grains, with a few small slip ups, and a fair amount of beer), I feel outstanding and I think I've probably lost a few pounds and fat. The biggest problem I think I have is the mental block with going all-in with the fatty steak, bacon, butter, etc. I guess like everyone says, I'll trust everyone before me and see for myself.

One thing I'm noticing though, is I'm worried that I'm not actually eating enough. I could almost go one meal a day at this point. Should I force myself to eat every ? hours in order to make sure I have enough fat/fuel in my body? Or just eat primal foods when I'm hungry?

Also...what about lean meat? If I don't want to load up on bacon and butter and steak everyday, is it ok to work in some skinless chicken breasts grilled with olive oil, or something of the like? I love bacon, butter and steak, but I actually do like some "conventional" healthy foods as well. Is the drive towards these fatty meats a "requirement" or is it more of a 'because you can, why not?' type of thing?

Thanks all...looking forward to seeing how this all goes.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast