Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for newbies page 35

roar_y is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I have been doing the PB for about 2 months, and have experianced the lows, but all the benifits outweigh them!
    My question is, what to eat when you are nauseous?
    Bread was always my go to for this, and as a migraine suffer, with nausea as a nasty side effect, this will be something I have to deal with occasionally.
    This week I ate bread, which helped me not feel sick, but two days later i'm dealing with the "flu"!
    Any advice would be appreciated

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    I just learned about PB from a friend of mine, and today was my first day. I am SO GLAD I found this forum!!! Especially this thread. I just read all 35 pages, and the info is wonderful. I am NOT looking forward to the carb flu...I am a HORRIBLE carb junkie. Fortunately, I LOVE meat and veggies, and butter makes the world go round, so I'm hoping that I can make this a lifestyle change and stick with it. One question I have - I LOVE fruit. Typically, I have fruit for breakfast - no eggs, no meat, sometimes a glass of milk, but that's it. Obviously, I'm going to have to make some changes, but how much fruit is acceptable? Is it a "one serving a day" type thing, or more of a "once in a blue moon treat"?
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    EAt the fruit. If Primal stops working with fruit, then tweak it by removing the fruit.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    read the entire thread, thanks for the info....

otzi Guest
    A big difference between Primal Blueprint and most other diets, is that you start by removing a few things from your diet, ie. grain, vegetable oils, and sugar. That usually gets things going, but later on you tweak it down even more--nuts, dairy, nightshades, etc...

Most other diets start you off cutting calories/carbs/fats etc... to bare minimum and adding back in later. I think the easier you get into it, the better your long term results.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    EAt the fruit. If Primal stops working with fruit, then tweak it by removing the fruit.
    Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the advice!
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    11) Primal starches are your friends, especially if you don't need to lose a lot of weight and/or you exercise. Don't be afraid of sweet potatoes, potatoes and even some white rice. Eat them pre/post work out or eat them on weekend as a carb re-feed. They can even be a part of a healthy fat lose plan and not just for skinny folks. Some people break through the fat lose plateau or improve their mood by introducing carbs.
    12) Listen to your body and exclude foods that don't agree with you. Feel like crap after eating white potatoes or cheese? Then don't eat it.

Arg, today was a fat day! It seemed like I craved fats ALL DAY. I ate twice as much bacon as I normally do; the fat off my steak (and I can't stand beef fat!), butter and/or olive oil on EVERYTHING, mayonnaise with my artichoke, and I'm not a huge fan of mayo, either! Is my body trying to tell me something? I ate 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt for dessert and thought I would die of pleasure. I didn't even want anything sweet - it was all fat, fat, fat! What does this mean? And how much fat is too much?
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Tower Orchard is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much for this thread! Lots of helpful info. I am about 1 week into the Primal lifestyle and I love it. I have had none of the carb flu symptoms that others have talked about, and I'm wondering... when does it show up? Can I count myself one of the lucky ones yet?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Meegads- It's too much fat when your body tells you it's too much fat. It's still WAY too early for you to be worrying about counting anything. If it sounds good, and you're hungry, and it's Primal, eat it.
    TowerOrchard- Depends on the person. I don't recall ever getting it. Some folks get it the first day. Some folks get it within the first couple weeks. I'd say give it a month. If you make it that far being Primal, and don't get carb flu, you may be safe.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast