Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for newbies page 27

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The dizziness should go in another week or two. I get that with low carb since my blood sugar is always low even with carbs. It takes me about a month to fully acclimate.
    Also, make sure you are drinking enough and getting enough sodium.

InAGottaDeVita is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys...today has been dizzy free (so far). I would like to blame it on the cigs, but I had not experienced it until I went primal so it seemed too much of a coinsidence. It is a random, intermittant, experience that wil hopefully continue to stay away. I do have a Dr.'s appt in two weeks so I will be sure to bring it up, while boasting of all the positive lifestyle changes I have made since my last visit, if it continues.

tinatamy is offline Junior Member
    I am Brand new to the site. I have ALL the symptoms of way too much Gluten in my diet. I realize eating the same foods all the time most likely gave me the intolerance's that have been happening. I am in dire need of someone I can trust to work with me in healing my Body of the Gluten intolerance's I have. I have Anorexia for almost 30 years, so I am NOT at all new to diets, meal plans, food fixes, etc. I am totally addicted to my Bagels for breakfast and pretty much alot of sugar in my diet. I KNOW mentally how to change, but I could sure use a Guide that can help me CONTINUE to gain to my Goal. I am almost there by 7 pounds and Strength is great. I am liking definition in my arms. I see examples, however, I am needing to have help on what works for ME during my Period of Gain. I would love to hear from someone who may be able to assist. I know that when I eat these foods, I want to immediately sleep.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinatamy View Post
    I am Brand new to the site. I have ALL the symptoms of way too much Gluten in my diet. I realize eating the same foods all the time most likely gave me the intolerance's that have been happening. I am in dire need of someone I can trust to work with me in healing my Body of the Gluten intolerance's I have. I have Anorexia for almost 30 years, so I am NOT at all new to diets, meal plans, food fixes, etc. I am totally addicted to my Bagels for breakfast and pretty much alot of sugar in my diet. I KNOW mentally how to change, but I could sure use a Guide that can help me CONTINUE to gain to my Goal. I am almost there by 7 pounds and Strength is great. I am liking definition in my arms. I see examples, however, I am needing to have help on what works for ME during my Period of Gain. I would love to hear from someone who may be able to assist. I know that when I eat these foods, I want to immediately sleep.
    Definitely start a food journal in the relevant forum here, the members here will happily help kick your butt along
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

SouthernCorps is offline Junior Member
    Wow, has it been 2 or 3 hours of total engrossment,, this link to that link, I must say glad I finally got to the link on the butter balls,, Griff,, Think I am going to like you, I apologize~ I am awful with names and it may take me a bit to learn all of you AWESOME senior members; BUT THANK YOU so so very much. What a blessing, so glad I stumbled here today. My best friend and I tried Adkins years ago, she lost weight, I didn't. Looking back it was because she ate all of the time and I did not. I am on board and jumping head long into this. I am so excited, not about the weight loss but for the hope of having more energy.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    @InAGottaDeVita: Hi and welcome! I was intermittently dizzy in the beginning, too. It passed.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

jayhow is offline Junior Member
    I am new to the primal way of life (4 weeks), and I have a question regarding exercise. In both Mark's work and Arthur De Vant's The New Evolution Diet they refer to the type of exercise that our paleo ancestors would have undertaken (Heavy lifting, short burst of intense effort, play, etc.). This, however, is in direct contradiction to new anthropological research that shows that our ancestors may have run (for a very long, sustained effort) game to death, before the advent of tools and weapons. Thus the increase in brain size and structure long before toolmaking. This is beautifully discussed in Christopher MacDougall's Born to Run, if anyone's interested in reading more. Thoughts?

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    My boss was talking about this yesterday. I think it has some merit (the theory) but that could be related to that particular tribal culture. Personally, I think less is more when it comes to running. I tried it for a while but I would invariably succumb to some pull or strain or sprain or otherwise. I prefer to take it slow.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post
    Mark suggests that if you want to just maintain your weight, eat between 100 and 150g of carbs a day. You don't have to lose on this plan - but you can if you need to.
    How do us thin folks with insulin resistance maintain our weight when we go VLC, is it by upping the fat? At first I was eating lots of meat and veggies exclusively at the advice of my naturopath to treat the IR, but lost so much weight I got nervous and began adding carbs again. I'd love some noob advice, thanks...

Windigo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been lin for about two weeks now, and the first week I felt amazing and very energetic starting this diet.

But now the carb flu is kicking in nonetheless. I even dream of lavish bread buffets! And I am tired a lot too.

I don't want to give in to the cravings, but I read about primal pancakes made with coconut flour, and they seemed like a good solution for me right now to stop my cravings. Is it advisable for someone who's not leptin resistant to make such things in their first month?

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast