Thread: Advice for newbies page 11

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    *invisible bump*

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    *** doin' the Bump*****

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Bump
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    Number 10 is something that I've been telling myself from the get go and it honestly is one of the best things you can remember. Falling off the bandwagon a little bit is NOT the end of the world and NOT an excuse to stay off it. It's HARD at first. So hard. You have to go against a lot of things you've held as truths for your whole life, overcome a carb addiction, and go against the grain (literally) every day. Everywhere you go you are facing temptation and people are telling you that you're crazy. It doesn't help being hard on yourself, so don't bother.

feralcat is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid317 View Post
    Number 10 is something that I've been telling myself from the get go and it honestly is one of the best things you can remember. Falling off the bandwagon a little bit is NOT the end of the world and NOT an excuse to stay off it. It's HARD at first. So hard. You have to go against a lot of things you've held as truths for your whole life, overcome a carb addiction, and go against the grain (literally) every day. Everywhere you go you are facing temptation and people are telling you that you're crazy. It doesn't help being hard on yourself, so don't bother.
    Completely agree with you here.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    bump goes the weasel....
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    bump for the new folks!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Was going to bump but decided to write something.

4wks now 100% primal and have found fat is the key. Too low and I'm searching for snacks within hours. Keep the fat content high and it keeps cravings at bay.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    kitoi - that is exactly it! If you get hungry or want to snack something. Check first if you're mistaking hunger for thirst. If not, take a spoon of extra virgin coconut oil. Works every single time for me.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I still haven't got to the point of enjoying a spoon full of coconut oil, but just one frozen Batty's Butter Blue Balls (did I get the name right?) is my go-to-snack that keeps me from craving anything.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast