Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for newbies page 10

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Do the bump!
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

rev
    rev is offline Junior Member
    I wasn't sure where to post this and couldn't find an exact topic regarding it (except on the main site with a couple articles), but it seems like it would be a common question.

Does/has anyone had problems pooping? I am currently on day 5 of my transition to the primal diet, and have pooped only three times. This wouldn't necessarily be so bad in my mind, except twice the amount has been so insignificant that it seems not enough could possibly be passing through me. When I have to poop, it's not as if I'm constipated, although the transit time compared to when I was a vegetarian is significantly longer (but this seems to be an obvious thing to me). I'm not overly concerned, as I'm still eating copious amounts of veggies for fiber, as said am not constipated, don't feel bloated, and don't appear bloated. It just seems that in my mind I should be having more bowel movements (1 decent sized one a day?).

Anything anyone has to add is greatly appreciated. I can definitely feel my energy and mood changing already from this, so I know there's something to be had with this transition.

Thanks so much =)

lizch is offline Senior Member
    There are lots of forum threads on this--search for "constipation" or "poop". Summary of advice:

it will get better on its own as your gut adjusts
    it's just CW that you have to poop once a day
    take magnesium supplements
    take probiotics
    eat lots and lots of fat
    (maybe) drink lots of fluids

(Oh, and er, WELCOME!)
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Okay, I totally appreciate this advice. give me more! I am finishing one month, and I have been a very very good girl. Only two slip ups, 1 cob corn 1st week and 1 piece flourless choc cake 2nd week. But I STILL have not experienced the legendary decrease in appetite, and yes I am eating plenty o fat. Additionally I have not lost more than 2 lbs. HELP!

current weight: 155 lbs, 5'5,'' no chronic cardio, I pinky swear!
    Don't worry too much, keep eating Primal and your hunger will regulate. I didn't even try to fast for the first 3 months.

Advice for newbies - Don't go hungry. It only leads to cheats, keep primal snacks around if hunger does strike unexpectedly.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

croí is offline Senior Member
    WOW! This is an fantastic post! The advice given to all of us newbies is not only informative, but very motivational!
    I have been trying to go 100% Primal for a month now, and let me just say I was raised as a Carboholic. So the explanation of the Carb Flu is exactly what I was looking for. It's hard to kick the carbs once and for all. This does take will power, and I am hoping by finding MDA I will be able to better my way of living!

gator70 is offline Member
    Ha! I had to also read number 7 a few times. For a brief shining moment I thought we were advocating dinner rolls. Dang! Good post though!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Bump!
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

ScarlettMoon is offline Member
    This is an amazing post- thanks so much!!! Bump!

MarkP is offline Member
    Great post!

Do we need to keep bumping? Surely we're better than that. Get a mod to pin rather then resort to bad forum etiquette.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We already asked. Waiting. We know it's bad etiquette, but this thread is worth it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast