Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young widow in PA, 5 days in page

jmw280 is offline Junior Member

Smile Young widow in PA, 5 days in

Shop Now
    Hi Everyone,

The last forum I participated in was on the leukemia society's website. I'm hoping this will be a little bit more fun. My husband died last year, after a 2-year battle with AML, and I was feeling pretty bad about stuff lately, so I figured I needed to change something. Food and exercise usually works for me (makes me feel good), so I went looking for the latest nutrition information and stumbled onto Mark's site.

I'm 31 years old, 5'6" and I would guess about 150 lbs. I carry my weight well, so I don't look "fat," but I'm feeling a little too fleshy for my liking. I am very comfortable when weighing in around 140, but I think to look really lean, I need to shoot for 130. I'm very athletic and love sports, but I'm a single mom to a 2 year old boy, so I can't fit in a ton of exercise, which is why Mark's plan is so appealing to me. I can squeeze in a few quick workouts per week, but the rest of my non-working hours need to be spent playing with my little boy.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone here...I've been eating primally for only 5 days, but I'm liking how I'm feeling so far. I would guess that at some point I'm going to need some encouragement, and this seems like the place to get it.

- Jamie

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Welcome. I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you found this community. Aside from a few bad apples, this forum is generally a really good place, very open, relaxed, and helpful. Glad to have you onboard!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jaimie!

I think you'll find this environment very encouraging (or at least I hope you do)... As with any forum we are not without our trolls and out layers...but overall I think we are a good bunch of people

Good luck with your journey!

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jaimie and welcome.

Best of luck on your primal travels.

Wow - those were some fast responses. Thanks!

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your husband Hopefully your time here on this forum will be a bit more fun.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Hey there and good luck with the Primal Lifestyle. This is a great site for advice and encouragement that I think we've all benefited from.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

AT22 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome! You can get great answers and encouragement here (even if you just look around without posting!).

AuntPol is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jamie! I'm on my 6th day today, same height and 3 pounds heavier (that is after the 4 pounds I have lost in past 5 days!). I have a sister who survived leukemia via a bone marrow transplant from me. However, during the process, we had several dear friends who didn't make it so I want to offer lots of hugs for your loss. I think it's great that you play with your toddler!! Play is part of primal living. I bet there is a lot of heavy lifting things you can do lifting a 2 year old. My kids are 10 and 11 and they still love to help me work my legs giving them airplane rides. Good Luck with your journey.

@ AuntPol - Looks like we have quite a bit in common already! Being that we're starting with basically the same stats and we've started at the same time, maybe we can help each other if things get tough.

My husband relapsed after his sibling transplant....had a DLI using his brother's cells, and then relapsed again. He didn't survive his second unrelated donor transplant...died from complications. Glad to hear that you were able to help your sister....she's one of the lucky ones!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast