Are you only going to buy local produce?Although I would like to just go to the market and buy what's particularly on sale/in season/looking good and then come home and whip up delicious, seasonal meals out of those ingredients, that takes a lot of time and thinking that I just don't have right now. So, I meal plan.
Right now I'm working from a 14-day repeating Fall dinner menu; I'll probably make a new one come winter to keep in season. I have a master list for this menu so when I go grocery shopping I don't have to write up a new list. I like to look at other people's recipes and menus so I thought I'd post mine.
14-day Fall dinner menu (sorted by animal, not in chrono order)
- shredded pepperocini pork butt*, "taco-style" (with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado)
- other half of the shredded pork, with slaw
- sausage, sweet potato, and kale curry
- veggie latkes and bacon
- whole chicken soup*
- 40 cloves of garlic turkey breast* and sauteed chard
- other half of turkey and greens
- meatballs and fried cabbage
- stuffed peppers/stuffed pepper soup
- beef/onion/mushroom gravy (stroganoff-like) over mashed potatoes
- chili con carne*
- tuna patties and slaw
- cream of seasonal veg soup (this week butternut squash)
- wildcard (friend's house/out to eat/crazy recipe idea/IF)
This is just for a 2-person household, so we generally have leftovers enough for most lunches. Master shopping list available upon request, but I didn't want to clog up the forum with it if no one's interested.