Thread: right now watching One Nation, Overweight - on CNBC... page

adamsaysyo is offline Member

right now watching One Nation, Overweight - on CNBC...

Shop Now
    im on AIM - adamsaysyo if anyone wants to chat online ...

i go to such lengths to try to get thin - Primal eating is such a huge change and its still not 'the' answer - finally off my plateau because of ketosis- so its no shock 1/3 of all adults are obese - i am lucky that i have no spouse or kids and have money to buy the organic foods... i can mentally give it a good portion of my focus....

My weight problem consumes way more of my energy than i think it should. I'm from Wisconsin - and i can't imagine people in my home town spending this much focus just to get thin.

I dunno... just my thoughts right now.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Adam,

It doesn't seem so difficult for us, simply give up grains & sugars and eat everything else the same as always more or less. We don't buy organic foods, grass fed meats, and all of that other perfectionist stuff.

The MAIN GOAL is giving up the grains & sugars, and this alone provides a major boost in health & weight loss.

We met a woman who lost 50 lbs in just one year by giving up only soda pop, breads & pasta. She did NOTHING ELSE different in her life. IMO, people are going way off the deep end with all of their perfectionist stuff. It doesn't hurt to be a perfectionist, but is it NECESSARY?

My 2 pennies worth
    Grizz

loneviking is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Adam,

It doesn't seem so difficult for us, simply give up grains & sugars and eat everything else the same as always more or less. We don't buy organic foods, grass fed meats, and all of that other perfectionist stuff.

The MAIN GOAL is giving up the grains & sugars, and this alone provides a major boost in health & weight loss.

We met a woman who lost 50 lbs in just one year by giving up only soda pop, breads & pasta. She did NOTHING ELSE different in her life. IMO, people are going way off the deep end with all of their perfectionist stuff. It doesn't hurt to be a perfectionist, but is it NECESSARY?

My 2 pennies worth
    Grizz
    I"m with Grizz on this. Give up the grains, give up the sugars, give up the highly processed foods and your health will dramatically improve and you will lose weight. No need to obsess, just learn to enjoy cooking simple, basic foods. Take things a bit at a time if you have too.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    I'm amazed someone hasn't lit him up for being reasonable.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Completely agree with Grizz.

Often, I think people focus (and STRESS) so much about the food aspect that they forget other important lifestyle factors that will absolutely affect their weight (and general health): chronic stress and lack of sleep. You can't out-diet elevated cortisol or adrenal fatigue.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!