Thread: Can PB/Paleo-diet cure passive-aggressiveness? page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I read a comment on an MDA post a while ago where the commenter said he used to be passive-aggressive before turning Primal? Does eating a paleo diet cure behavioral problems?

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I don't know for sure, maba---but some of the nastiest, back-stabbing people I have ever met were evangelistic vegans :-(

James17 Guest

In another thread about Why Primal is Good For Me a lot of people seemed to say that their general mood improved. I suppose there must be something!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ha kuno...unfortunately I know too well what you mean! I don't know if there's a "cure" for passive-aggressiveness per se, but having a more stable mood in general probably helps a lot. Having such different ideas about nutrition, and not wanting to be made a social pariah for it, definitely makes me feel less judgemental and more accepting of other's views. Maybe that's part of it as well?

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Catalina is offline Member

I agree, hannah & James. Passive/aggressive is a coping strategy, and if a person is less anxious and lighter in mood, they might well be less inclined to need that coping strategy.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I was tempted to say that Primal also cures baldness, tuberculosis, AIDS, and assorted afflictions as a snark, but everything said above makes sense.

maba is offline Senior Member

The reason I asked is sugar is associated with lot of mood and behavioral issues. For instance, kids with ADD are asked to avoid sugar. So would eliminating sugar or anything that converts to sugar in your body lead to "curing" of such issues. Better mood that we have all noticed is an outcome of this diet.

ohiolopez is offline Junior Member

Maba:

For what is worth, I have read books on Add because I have it, I recommend this blog:

http://www.adhdmarriage.com/content/advice-adhd-man-set-new-course

and Dr Amen states in his book that not eating carbs and sugar help our mind become healthier.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

"Everything" converts to sugar, maba. That's the glucose cruising around in your blood.

Recently, there was a paper about how getting energized on sugar is a myth. I always thought so, it makes no sense. But with sugar overload, there is always the subsequent crash after the insulin takes too much glucose out of the blood.

Certainly widely escalating blood sugar levels effects moods. Insulin IS a hormone, and we all know the power of hormones.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

The body can run on glucose or ketones. It would seem that we evolved to run on ketones though, and this might explain why ketogenic diets seem to help treat or prevent central nervous system problems such as ADD, seizures, multiple sclerosis, etc. Not to mention the crucial role O-3s seem to have in the development of the brain.

I personaly never feel as good mood-wise as when I'm in ketosis.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull