Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! I've fallen and I can't get up! page

invino77 is offline Senior Member

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Primal Fuel
    I have strayed...fallen way off the primal course...help! This week included spaghetti, pizza, spelt salad, breadsticks, some foccacia bread thing, more bread, beans and a dessert! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have to get back on track. the fridge is full of veggies and protiens...along with dairy, which I would like to stop for a bit..once you open the floodgates, it is hard to close them again.

Grizz is offline Banned
    You are a BAD BOY [or GIRL] SHAME ON YOU !

You should be ASHAMED of yourself!

Now you must go stand in the corner and look at the wall for 5 hours, OR ELSE !

You are also GROUNDED for 1 month! I take away your car keys !

NO SOUP FOR YOU !
    =======================

Best of health to all,
    Grizz

Franklin Mason is offline Junior Member
    'Tis true. For me, a carb binge makes me crazy for carbs. I just don't get hungry. I feel a strong, strong compulsion to lay into all those nasty high carb foods that I've now given up.

The only thing that I can think to say is that you'll just have to ride it out. Perhaps primal-type vegetables like yams can help. For me, it takes at least a day to get over the compulsion and back to normal.

I hate when I feel like food is in charge of me. I hate to feel like I have to eat. One of the best features of a primal(ish) diet is that I find it quite easy to eat what I want when I want. If I go out to eat with the wife and kids and nothing appeals to me on the menu, I just don't eat; and the only consequence is that I feel a bit hungry. But the hunger is easily ignored, and unlike the hunger I felt when I binged on carbs, it is not accompanied by a drop in energy.

Grizz, thank you for a big laugh! So funny, yes, Iknow know..self punishment is useless and i just need to own this and move on..argh.

I did make a big batch of beef bone stock this weekend. maybe tomorrow will be that and celery and eggs.

liss is offline Senior Member
    the dry wheat-infested side of washington state
    My sympathies. When I dare eat carbs, they own me. Period.

I suggest trying to get your blood sugar control back with the help of Chromium GTF and/or inositol. Some find Alpha Lipoic Acid helpful.

If those do not work and the stumble leads to carb-fests that you cannot resist with all your might, you may need to resort temporarily to bigger guns (and a doctor's visit) such as Metformin/glucophage.

Mind over matter. I can do it. next week - no grains, period.
    1 fruit per day, greek yogurt, and nuts are my only treats.

Lizzie125 is offline Member
    I find if I eat any thing with actual sugar in it, it takes about 10 days to get it out my head.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    Metformin/glucophage ? Going off to Google this now...

Viking is offline Senior Member
    I messed up and ate a LOT of pizza last week with friends. I am just now getting back on track. It too me down a bad path for 7 days, caused 6 pounds weight gain, etc. It's amazing how carbs can mess me up.

liss is offline Senior Member
    the dry wheat-infested side of washington state
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @Canarygirl

Metformin is a prescription drug that helps control blood sugar. People with diabetes, prediabetes, hyperinsulinemia or other blood glucose problem who struggle to fight huge carb-induced hunger while they transition to a primal-style diet could find the battle easier with this drug. It's not for someone with normal blood glucose and insulin response. For typical folk, willpower and supplements will likely suffice.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast