Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: List of cheats I should binge on? page

Gathwh is offline Senior Member

List of cheats I should binge on?

I'm planning a binge at the end of the primal challenge, but I will stay off gluten. This is for any ffod I've had cravings for or just want. So far I have:
    1.rice pudding
    2.tapioca pudding
    Any suggestions?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Oh what a strange request! Bypassing the whole "I'm not sure that's really the point of the challenge" aspect...surely your list should only contain things that YOU crave, not things other people crave? If you're not craving them, why on earth would you want to eat them?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Why ever would you do such a thing, and why would you seek advice on what you want to overeat? Why would you "plan" a binge in the first place? Since you are asking for binge advice, I advise you to re-think your mentality on this whole thing. Is it something you consider temporary, or permanent? A chore or a better way to live? Fundamentally, is it a hassle, or is the hassle well worth it on a day to day basis?

Short version: a big plate of gnocchi and some fantastic gelato.

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    I second Liz. But in addition to asking yourself what YOU crave, please yourself WHY you're going primal. Your answers are an indication of your wants and needs.

I want to lose weight but, more than that, I need to feel good. Eating sugar (which, for me, could be whole wheat bread, steel cut oatmeal or too much fruit ... my body is uber sensitive) makes me feel sluggish and uncomfortable (GI issues), plus interferes with my ability to think clearly. It also stresses my adrenals, which results in lots of conflicting emotions. So, knowing certain foods are going to mess me up makes me not want them, no matter how good they taste or fabulous their texture, I avoid them.

In the end, any kind of binge makes me feel lousy. While I'm not a control freak and tend to withdraw from people and experiences that are rigid, I do like balance ... and that requires that I make careful choices.

Whatever you choose, you will reap the benefits or pay the consequences, so choose carefully. =)

Ooh, good point, gelato and oatmeal. The thing is I'm 15 and I can get away with this. I know I could go the rest of my life on paleo, but I don't want to. I do this occasionally when I decide I've gotten too thin(I'm 20 lbs less that I was when I was in 6th grade), and then I go back to my correct healthy diet. And besides, I learn by changing my diet what I can and can't get away with. I think my results this challenge are a bit less than they could be for a lack of starchy carb, as it's forcing me to eat a lot more fruit. I know I can get away with the occasional binge, and non-gluten cheats.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Why ever would you do such a thing, and why would you seek advice on what you want to overeat? Why would you "plan" a binge in the first place? Since you are asking for binge advice, I advise you to re-think your mentality on this whole thing. Is it something you consider temporary, or permanent? A chore or a better way to live? Fundamentally, is it a hassle, or is the hassle well worth it on a day to day basis?

Short version: a big plate of gnocchi and some fantastic gelato.
    lol loll lololsda;lgkhsdgljkhadsg;lkhdsa;glhds

a few of us are getting together on skype after the challenge to celebrate with some primal cheesecake. you are more than welcome to join us.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Thanks, yet another thing I have to enjoy to it's fullest, I love cheesecake.

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    lol loll lololsda;lgkhsdgljkhadsg;lkhdsa;glhds

a few of us are getting together on skype after the challenge to celebrate with some primal cheesecake. you are more than welcome to join us.
    This is a thing that is happening? I'm not going to indulge until after I've finished my own personal Primal Challenge, but when this happens I want to watch it. I have this amazing mental image of ten people sitting around on Skype eating cheesecakes the size of their HEAD.

ok i know you are probably thinking "why is everyone attacking me", the thing is they aren't, they are just wondering like me why you would screw it all up! why would you consume rice pudding? I mean why do the CM thing and reward yourself with horrible food grok didnt eat? whats the point of doing the challenge if you are going to just f*c* it all up in the end? wtf was the point of the challenge!
    you either want supreme health or you dont, you decide!
    I am the creator of my reality

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You are all attacking me! I'm getting a good laugh from your post, and the other ones are nice, but I believe that the point of the challenge is to know that you can do it, that you can live without wheat, and learn some of the benefits of it. I know I can do it, and I know the benefits. All it is now is a choice. Now some people like their cheats to be small little things like chocolate, but I like it to be a once a month or two feast! Through experimentation like this, I've learned that I can stand all processed dairy(yogurt etc.) but not the liquid stuff. I've learned that there is nothing to fear from excess carbs, if they aren't sugar. I'm going to have some fun and if you don't like it, screw you.

p.s. The ending is a bit of a joke. Don't think I'm trying to be rude, it just felt right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast