Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raw cows milk or raw goats milk? page

raw cows milk or raw goats milk?

Primal Fuel
    last night at the international festival here i met some crunchy people and asked where i could find raw cows milk for not so much money, and they said they didnt have any but they had raw goats milk for 5 bucks a gallon! which i think is awesome and totally do-able. anyways, is goats milk better than cows milk?
    I am the creator of my reality

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quite possibly.

Many people report it as being more digestible for them - same with ewes' milk.

Nothing definite but this may be an issue with the proteins. Some, but not all, breeds of cows yield milk with a form of beta-casein that has what seems to be a rather unfortunate mutation:

Some five thousand years ago, a mutation occurred in this proline amino acid, converting it to histidine. Cows that have this mutated beta casein are called A1 cows, and include breeds like Holstein.

The side chain that comes off this amino acid is called BCM 7. BCM 7 is a small protein (called a peptide) that is a very powerful opiate and has some undesirable effects on animals and humans.
    http://fourfoldhealing.com/2009/03/1...09-newsletter/

Not all cows' milk has this problem - Jersey milk doesn't, for example. No goats' milk has the problem.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Goats milk is nutritionally better because its more easily digested. I prefer the taste too, annoying that its more expensive though
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    If you haven't already tasted it, I'd suggest trying it first. It's a very different taste! More suited to savoury than sweet, I find - which is pretty handy for Primal, come to think of it.

Joshy is offline Senior Member
    I'm just appaled at how expensive it is. It's like $9 for a half gallon at the local co-op. Maybe I'd consider it if I almost never drank milk, but right now there's no way I'm paying almost $20 a gallon when raw cows milk costs less than half that.

im lactose intolerant to cows milk...ive never had any raw milk...
    I am the creator of my reality

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    If you can get goats milk, buy it.

Might take you a little to get used to it but once you do it's so much better. Hard to get here in Australia as most of it goes to cheese making. In spring they don't have much to spare as they are feeding their kids.

reamz is offline Senior Member
    i bought some raw goat milk and raw goat yoghrt from a biodynamic farm the other week. I REALLY wanted to like it, but unfortunatelyt it tasted weird to me...i agree with the more "savory" than sweet description. It just tasted funky. It may be the diet of the goats though, so maybe not all goat milk is the same.

Primallady is offline Senior Member
    If I didn't have Hashi's I'd be living off goat dairy LOL, I love it that much!
    When I went through a divorce, my youngest son was little and he wouldn't take my expressed milk when he went to his dad's for a few days. We ended up giving him raw goats milk. He loved it so much and still does. I make raw goat kefir for my family, it's freaking great tasting (to us).

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm so jealous that you can get raw goat's milk that cheaply!! I'd go for it! I like goat dairy (and sheep dairy, too).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast