Thread: Sick of feeling sick. page

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member

Sick of feeling sick.

Shop Now
    Hey everybody. I've been lurking these boards almost every day for the last few weeks and finally decided to join up today. This place has provided me with an incredible amount of sensible information, I love it.

A little about me. I'm 18 years old, currently living in Connecticut, and I've been fighting the health fight for a few years now. Even from a young age I could feel myself falling apart. I felt like I was aging at an incredible rate. Joint pain, brain fog, major skin, hair and digestive issues, the whole nine yards. What the hell? Was I in my teens or my eighties? It was all very depressing, to say the least.

The day came along when I had just had enough. I was very overweight and I saw weight loss as the magic bullet. I had convinced myself that all my problems would melt away as soon as I got to a healthy weight. I ended up losing well over 100 pounds over the course of a couple of years (was still eating the SAD at this point), and by the end of it I felt worse than ever. I had run myself ragged with chronic cardio and ridiculously long weight training sessions that I didn't allow myself the time nor proper nutrition to recover from, thanks to all of the conventional wisdom and broscience that I stupidly bought into.

Frustrated and angry, I joined a forum dedicated to solving one of my largest problems (acne and other skin issues). From the nutrition / holistic health board there, I began to learn about the horrible direction that conventional wisdom was leading this country. Eventually, I came across a link to this website, and spent the next two weeks reading two to three hours worth of articles each and every day. I can not tell you how excited I became as I slowly worked my way through all of Mark's blog posts. Finally, information that made sense! Good ol' fucking SENSE! The more I read, the more things clicked, and I knew the primal life was right for me.

I've been about 90% primal for two weeks, and I've already noticed an improvement in my skin, sinuses, sleep quality and mental clarity. There were a few headaches at first, but I had no other symptoms from ditching carbs. Even cravings were minimal. I went out to dinner with my family a few days ago and treated myself to a cheat meal which led to severe cramping and bloating that tapered off after several hours but was still present until I woke up the next day. Definitely won't be doing that again.

I'm back on track and looking forward to all of the benefits this diet will bring, as well as being a part of the primal community.

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    Yeah for you! Doesn't it feel great to KNOW you are on the right track! Even the bad reaction to a cheat meal is a great experience in the long run to solidify your resolve.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Styro!!!
    I think you're going to like it here

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam Jones View Post
    A little about me. I'm 18 years old, currently living in Connecticut, and I've been fighting the health fight for a few years now. Even from a young age I could feel myself falling apart. I felt like I was aging at an incredible rate. Joint pain, brain fog, major skin, hair and digestive issues, the whole nine yards. What the hell? Was I in my teens or my eighties? It was all very depressing, to say the least.

The day came along when I had just had enough. I was very overweight and I saw weight loss as the magic bullet. I had convinced myself that all my problems would melt away as soon as I got to a healthy weight. I ended up losing well over 100 pounds over the course of a couple of years (was still eating the SAD at this point), and by the end of it I felt worse than ever. I had run myself ragged with chronic cardio and ridiculously long weight training sessions that I didn't allow myself the time nor proper nutrition to recover from, thanks to all of the conventional wisdom and broscience that I stupidly bought into.
    Congratulations on finding your way while you are still so young! My story is much like yours in that I really started feeling terrible at a very young age. At some point I decided that if I ate "right", exercised like crazy, and became thin I would feel great. I did all that and felt the worst I have ever felt. I really just felt like dying. It's been a very long road for me, but now, at 36 I feel like things are finally starting to come together.

Stick with PB, and ask questions like crazy on this board if certain things aren't working for you. Good luck!!!!

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Hey welcome. If you have been reading lots and are already suspicious of CW, then you will fit right in and prob have some great info to share. Hope you can stick with it, sounds like you are plenty motivated. Good luck!