Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tales from the Grocery Store Checkout Line... page 5

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Primal Fuel
    All the research that is being done about healthy foods or what isn't could be easily set aside by looking at the grocery carts and their owners. The scientists or whomever could easily observe the connections between what food types result in what body types.

There, wasn't that easy?

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I like educating the cashiers about the different types of produce they carry. When I bring up jicama, artichokes, avocadoes (!!) shallots, whatever I'm usually met with a blank stare and a "ummm...what is this called?" :P

A good friend of mine from waaayyy back is very very obese. It's so sad to see her drink diet sodas....in fact, it's so sad to see anyone drink diet sodas!! And she's quite a smart person otherwise. I introduced the idea of primal to her a few months back because we happened to be talking about food and weightloss, and she immediately dismissed it.
    I have to ask that sometimes, too. Maybe it's something new to me, or maybe it's something that looks enough like something else (nectarines vs some types of peaches) that I ask to be sure. You don't after all, want to pay 1.97/lb for a similar looking item that costs 1.27/lb.
    The longer I cashier the better I get at it, though.
    Here's a funny, I can tell the differance between Zucini and Calabaza squash, but can't keep the codes straight in my head. But bring Ginger root, which isn't a common purchase, to my line, and in goes '4612' without a thought. Oh, if your checker doesn't know the code, they're universal to all grocers, I've been told
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    I hate being in the supermarket and seeing overweight people fill their trolly (kart) with weight watchers crap and low fat dairy products.
    Today one of my co workers bought a Smart Ones meal with the remark 'I'm trying to eat healthy'. Had to bite my toungue.

Re curls in Squat rack: this is when I like to get as close to the Squat rack as possible and do a set of plyo overhead lifts. (clean and toss and catch instead of clean and press) Once the Mook in the rack sees a weight leave my hands, he usualy vacates. (even more humerous, I rarely actualy squat or dead anything I can't clean and press, I just like intimidating the Mooks
    Last edited by 979roadrunner; 09-27-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345