Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Grocery Store Checkout Line... page 3

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have an acquaintance whose son's "baby" teeth started to have dental problems, due to the full sugar soda and Kool-Aid. She really cleaned up her act, and started giving him apple juice instead...(sigh).. :-(

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Lately my cart has been almost 98% meat. I get my eggs through a driving co-op from a nearby farm and my veggies from a CSA. So my cart usually consists of bacon, various meats, and maybe some butter, heavy cream, or nuts. It feels a bit odd when I toss up a single head of cauliflower next to 10lbs of meat....lol.

Plus I feed 4 cats raw meat, so sometimes when I find a good sale or organ meats this jumps to 30lbs of meat to one veggie. I do get quite a few looks.

Hopefully we have some successful hunts in the next few weeks and then I will be down to just butter, cream, and nuts

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    I was in Whole Foods the other day and I almost felt worse for the people that are trying to do the right thing. If you're buying chips and boxed foods, you're really not trying. There was a woman behind me with boxes of every whole wheat product that Whole Foods carries. She had WW pasta, bread, pancakes, whole grain cereals, everything. I felt really bad that CW makes her think she's doing the right thing for her and her family and it was an expensive load of groceries too.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Two tales from the Costco checkout line....

Tale 1: Gentleman in front of us has a mostly Primal-looking cart... except for the gallons of skim milk, and the big bag of bread. He has the same chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on) packages as I do, and I comment on them - "Aren't they good?"

His response: "Yeah, especially when you peel the skin off so that they're healthier!"

*facepalm*

Tale 2: We have four 18-count boxes of eggs in the cart. Lady in front of me has two quarts of "egg product." She looks at my cart: "Aren't you worried about the cholesterol??"

My response: "Cholesterol's actually really good for you. Aren't you worried about what they might have put into your carton of 'egg product?'"

She stares at me, open-mouthed, and then turns away. I hear her commenting to the cashier about "this crazy guy in line behind me" while I unload my eggs, brisket, and bacon onto the conveyor belt...
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    Was anyone doing curls in the squat rack?

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    My name is Lodini - I would like to confess that I used to have an entire freezer full of Lean Cuisine's and Healthy Choice meals. I am 3.5 months clean.
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    When I am at the grocery store I play a little game with myself and look at what a person has in their cart then make note of how fit the person looks. It's a pretty good indicator of what works and what doesn't diet wise. You can almost always tell how big a person will be by their cart. Lots of junk food and they are huge. The typical 'diet' foods (lean cuisine, low fat everything) and they are usually pretty large as well. (which says a lot to me about how well the standard 'diet' foods work). Lots of fresh veggies and meats, they are usually pretty lean and fit. All vegan stuff, they are usually skinny-fat or rail thin. I did notice some younger asian woman in their 20s with a cart full of junk food who were pretty thin, but it seems that asians in general can get away with eating a lot of junk, at least when they are younger, and not get fat.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Tale 2: We have four 18-count boxes of eggs in the cart. Lady in front of me has two quarts of "egg product." She looks at my cart: "Aren't you worried about the cholesterol??"

My response: "Cholesterol's actually really good for you. Aren't you worried about what they might have put into your carton of 'egg product?'"
    lolololol. I love that.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    I simply try to avert my eyes. It's psychically painful to me.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blank_faceplate View Post
    Was anyone doing curls in the squat rack?
    LOL (chuckle, actually)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast