Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fail?! Tesco chicken... page

breadsauce is offline Senior Member

Fail?! Tesco chicken...

Primal Fuel
    Hi. Today I had to go to London (delivering pictures to an art exhibition) and the traffic was awful. Eventually, about 3.00 p.m., I was starving. In the "old days"I'd have had a sandwich, or a pizza, or chocolate.... but now - what? I happened to drive past a Tesco and rushed in - bag of chicken portions from the hot deli counter, 1.05. Ate them in the car and felt much better - then began to think about the way the chicken had been reared, omega 3 / 6 balance, the oil used to cook it - and when I got home, promptly took a fish oil capsule.

Question - is one fish oil capsule enough to offset the poor omega 3 / 6 ratio I'm sure I've just eaten??!!

But it must be better than grains and some synthetic spread instead of butter - yes?

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    But it must be better than grains and some synthetic spread instead of butter - yes?
    Yes!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Was the chicken breaded and fried? If not, I would NOT consider that a fail. I would consider that a tiny compromise. If it was breaded, still not the end of the world.

I don't think you have to stress about getting the nutrient ratios perfect in every meal.....just over the course of a week or two things should generally balance out. Eat some salmon this week and be happy you chose the best available option you had !!

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    To be more accurate and to really nip this problem in the bud you really need to calculate all the food you've eaten, say over the last week and find out the exact mg's for each then compensate with omega 3 fish oil ASAP.........you have to make sure the source of your information is 100% correct, otherwise you could bleed to death.....just kidding. Please don't take my post seriously, it's just that I've read so many posts like this lately, I felt compelled. I'm sure you'll be ok.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    +1 to Chefgerry.

If it's an occasional thing, the worry is hurting you more than the food. If it's a frequent thing, antidotes aren't the answer, a better diet is.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I usually grab some chicken and chilled corned beef if I have to eat out quickly. Fold the CB in half and it just looks like rye bread.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I like what Avocado said. Also like the idea of a chicken + corned beef "sandwich" with spicy mustard and a pickle.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Oh I don't eat it like a sarnie, that would be uber-pro Just folded over so as not to attract much attention

standingbymself is offline Junior Member
    I'm always dubious of chicken from supermarkets.
    What do they baste the roast chicken in to keep it so moist?

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by standingbymself View Post
    I'm always dubious of chicken from supermarkets.
    What do they baste the roast chicken in to keep it so moist?
    It wan't just moist, thinking about it - it was wet!!! But tasted good. And - I'm beginning to feel better about it after the posts above. I eat oily fish most days - and I never worried about things like this before realising how important they are!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast