Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Zero - acceptable or not? page

Amanda is offline Member

Arctic Zero - acceptable or not?

I picked up some Arctic Zero frozen dessert in the grocery store the other night. Wondering if anyone here has tried it or what you think about its potential as a sensible vice. It's basically a protein shake presented in an ice cream format.

The nutrition information listed on the carton seems pretty reasonable, and the ingredients are all pronouncable and seemingly natural. The company's website claims it's an all natural product and is gluten free and lactose-intolerant friendly.

Ingredient list: purified water, whey protein concentrate, organic cane sugar, chicory root, guar gum, xantham gum, natural flavors, sea salt, monk fruit concentrate.

Anyone tried it or think it's something to consider/avoid?

http://www.myarcticzero.com/

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    Times like these I like to ask myself... do I need an ice cream protein shake?

I need fruit/veggies, I need meat/chicken/fish/eggs, I need coconut oil/evoo/butter.

I don't need ice cream. I do best when I stop looking for "vices."

Besides that, it has sugar! Anyway, that's my two cents. Totally up to you!

What does it taste like anyway?
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    It's got sugar....

I'd have it *rarely* if
    1) it's super yummy - otherwise I'd have ben and jerry's or coconut milk ice cream (homemade)
    2) one's grain/sugar addiction has been overcome and eating a treat doesn't trigger binge-y behavior

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Amanda is offline Member
    Thanks for the feedback! I wouldn't call it super yummy, but it's ok. Reminded me of a fudgesicle - more icy than creamy. I'd heard about it several months ago and was curious, but thought I could only order it online, and ordering something like that online seemed a little outlandish. When I saw it in the store, figured I'd try it. I don't think it's something I would buy regularly.

Lodini, I like how you ask yourself "what do I need?" Seems very pragmatic. I think I'll start doing that too - maybe it will keep me out of the freezer section.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Food is not just about health, we need to enjoy the act as well. There's nothing really bad with any one food, sans trans fats, and you could certainly apply it to your 20........the only problem I see is, if this leads to a higher consumption of nutritionally void foods and feeds a carb need (sugar) that inevitably lead to bingeing and overeating.......consume with caution, basically.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Is it acceptable as part of 80%? Definitely not. It has a barcode and a list of ingredients.

Is it better than most ice creams and maybe even most protein shakes? Seems like it, that's a short list of ingredients and nothing obviously toxic. Obviously not a daily consumption type of food.

Primallady is offline Senior Member
    Sorry- nothing beats my raw primal gelato (which sadly I don't eat anymore since it's dairy). I might cheat one day soon and make some.

Jessica is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't think it'd be acceptable as primal.

However, it was the one thing I'd purchased a bunch of pints of a few weeks prior to discovering and attempting to begin Primal, and it was the one non-primal thing I was eating at the beginning of my primalness On top of the non-primalness of the Arctic Zero, I ate it with peanut butter (I'd also just bought FOUR jars of Trader Joe's PB). I like the stuff.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    WPC and a ton of gummy gunk to hold it together. Sounds gross.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am traveling on business and found some of this at Whole Foods. I know it's not 100% primal, but it's not a bad little treat. The whole pint is 150 calories, so you don't feel so guilty for indulging. I know the the PB police will cry blasphemer, but I enjoyed it. I would by it again from time to time for a little indulgence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast