Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number of fat people in US to grow, UK second fattest nation page

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Shocking, I did not see that coming

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    News here today is saying Canadians are have the 6th highest obesity rate, so we're right in the running. Sad, but seemingly true. I took my boys out for dinner last night to a rib place, and overheard the waitress speaking to one table of rather plump (and I'm being nice here) people. They seemed to be asking the difference between side and back pork rib. Waitress says "the back ribs are not necessarily the most tender, but have less FAT". Not surprisingly, the plump patrons ordered the back ribs...

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    I'll bet Australia's not far behind.

People in all the English-speakimg countries will have been subject to the same propaganda and bullying - it just goes round in circles, and can be recycled by busybodies in each country without even the bother of translation being needed.

The irony for Britons is that the British-based John Yudkin fingered sugar as the culprit in most of the "diseases of civilization" back in the seventies:

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-white-dea...dp/0706700406/

If only people had listened to researchers like him - there were a few around - instead of bowing down to - sorry for the language - f***ers like Keys and Campbell.

If only ... there'd have been no "obesity problem", a lower incidence of dental caries, fewer fractures, and probably a lot lower incidence of dozens of other conditions from bone fractures to cancer to mental health problems. That's a lot of pain, unhappiness and misfortune under the bridge, and a lot of grief for many families. Lies have consequences.

The food industry and the supermarkets would still have been pulling in the wrong direction, and playing on people's innate laziness and sweet tooths with convenience foods, but at least government wouldn't have been pulling in the same direction.

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I'll bet Australia's not far behind.

People in all the English-speakimg countries will have been subject to the same propaganda and bullying - it just goes round in circles, and can be recycled by busybodies in each country without even the bother of translation being needed.

The irony for Britons is that the British-based John Yudkin fingered sugar as the culprit in most of the "diseases of civilization" back in the seventies:

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-white-dea...dp/0706700406/

If only people had listened to researchers like him - there were a few around - instead of bowing down to - sorry for the language - f***ers like Keys and Campbell.

If only ... there'd have been no "obesity problem", a lower incidence of dental caries, fewer fractures, and probably a lot lower incidence of dozens of other conditions from bone fractures to cancer to mental health problems. That's a lot of pain, unhappiness and misfortune under the bridge, and a lot of grief for many families. Lies have consequences.

The food industry and the supermarkets would still have been pulling in the wrong direction, and playing on people's innate laziness and sweet tooths with convenience foods, but at least government wouldn't have been pulling in the same direction.
    Back in the 1860's a fellow called William Banting found how to lose lots of weight by eating similar to PB .There have been many low carb proponents in the 150 years since and still the low fat/ high carb diet is touted by the various medical communities worldwide.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by megalodon View Post
    Back in the 1860's a fellow called William Banting found how to lose lots of weight by eating similar to PB .There have been many low carb proponents in the 150 years since and still the low fat/ high carb diet is touted by the various medical communities worldwide.
    Vilhjalmur Stefansson was another proponent of low carb diets from a long time ago. He was an Arctic explorer and lived the the Inuit. I've not ready his books but the titles were "Not be bread along" and "The Fat of the Land".

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    "The irony for Britons is that the British-based John Yudkin fingered sugar as the culprit in most of the "diseases of civilization" back in the seventies:"

The double irony is that in the seventies we did believe that and most people who needed to lose weight dieted by cutting out sugar, bread, potatoes, etc. In the seventies most people in Britain were thin. I never understood how we got to the low fat crap ideals we have today. It is quite clear to me that people started to gain weight as soon as the low fat regime started to creep in. (I'm old enough to remember it, unfortunately lol)

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I just spent some time down at one of the best beaches in the world and its sad how many fat people there are. And its even more sad to see otherwise attractive young girls ruined by fat thighs, the cottage cheese effect, and excess abdominal fat. In a few years they'll all be completely fat and its so easily preventable.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    I have the sinking feeling that our governments will want to get involved in this by trying to limit fat intake and promote grain intake.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have decided to QUIT trying to help these morbidly obese people. It is an exercise in FUTILITY to suggest they give up BREAD, GRAINS and their "Diet" Soda Pop. Their response is always the same: The government food pyramid and their doctor is right and I am CRAZY.

They refuse to even look at evidence I give them from Cardiologist Dr. William Davis, calling him a quack, and calling the Paleo or Primal Blueprint a "Radical" diet.

I am minding my own business from now on, and those Obese Idiots can just eat themselves to death. I'm not wasting another minute on them.

Best to all,
    Grizz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast