Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I found to b true after leaving primal-ish diet... page

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

What I found to b true after leaving primal-ish diet...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, so I decided to become a triathlete. The re-introduction of my carb overload started with these low carb tortillas. I missed my chicken/yogurt/cilantro/salsa/cumin wraps. From there I gradually started eating more carbs. Panera was a weakness. I was eating only salads and soup, but gooosh I missed those ham & swiss on country sandwiches. Oh and can't forget the baugette. :-P
    At work, cookies.... stuff I should never eat. I blame some of it on boredom. Anyway, lately I have noticed that I am craving sugary
    things, bread, chips... I have been swimming, biking, and running a lot so that would explain why I have been able to maintain 137
    +\- 3lbs since my higer carb diet started. It's getting worse... im tired of these stupid cravings. so my point is... sugar is soo addictive, don't get lax on 'treats' cause that is what I did and it messed my diet up.

I'm typing this on my phone, so forgive me if it sounds choppy and unorganized. I treated myself way too often and it ended up making me want sugar all the time.

geeeeez, I completely forgot to mention that I notice a major difference in my general hunger/mood after leaving low carb.
    high carb makes me irritable as hell if I am hungry, low-carb didn't give me that feeling. I was less hungry on the low carb for sure. Also, lastly... I notice soo much more gas on a higher carb diet. When I was mostly primal... gas was hardly there. ok that is all! :-)
    Last edited by Underwaterer; 09-24-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Christina* is offline Senior Member
    So come back to the dark side! We don't have cookies, but we have bacon.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Why would you be eating so many crappy foods because you started doing triathlons? There are plenty of quality sources of carbohydrates that you can use in place of the foods you listed. Sweet potato, yam, fruit, veggies with lots of protein and fat will fuel you fine. There are enough people fueling their endurance events on primal/paleo eating for help if you need it.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    Why would you be eating so many crappy foods because you started doing triathlons? There are plenty of quality sources of carbohydrates that you can use in place of the foods you listed. Sweet potato, yam, fruit, veggies with lots of protein and fat will fuel you fine. There are enough people fueling their endurance events on primal/paleo eating for help if you need it.
    this.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Christina* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    Agree with this - I would think that eating so much crappy food would negatively affect your training, not help it.

dude she/he probably wanted one treat one day and someone said "oh its ok sometimes" and that stuck like glue, and once turned into every week, and that turned into every other day and so on and so on. we should also remember that we have all been taught severely wrong, and those thoughts do creep in..."im active now i can have carbs (bread)" lies our gym teachers told us.
    lets also remember that its good underwater experienced this because now they know how their body responds to the all american diet, thus making the switch back easier mentally!

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Its a combination of CW creeping and and sugar addiction.. bad combo!

lindenator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina* View Post
    So come back to the dark side! We don't have cookies, but we have bacon.
    No cookies?! Oh yes we do...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast