Thread: Hmm. Acne? page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

Hmm. Acne?

I've been eating primal for like two weeks now and not one new acne has formed. However, (I'm not sure if this is because of too much meat) I just got one pimple, a really small one. I was wondering if this could be caused by a lack of sleep from ONE day or if it's because I've been eating a whole ton of meat these last few days. Thanks!

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Because I'd been gluten-free for years beforehand, and slowly working simple carbs out of my diet for several years, the biggest change in my shift to primal was the change in fats. I had been eating lots of olive oil and some nuts, but very little animal fat or any other saturated fat. When I changed over, my skin went through some weeks of changes which I attribute to that shift. I had about two weeks of minor breakouts at about my second and third weeks in. It passed and my skin is happier than ever now. I would say not to worry about it and see where you are after a couple of months.

grokka is offline Senior Member
    Well, school just started as well so you're probably under a lot more stress now, coupled with reduced sleep. Make sure you take that into account.

LizaJane is offline Junior Member
    I'm new here. Anyone have their acne clear up after going primal? I'm always the optimist on this, so I'm hoping!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LizaJane View Post
    I'm new here. Anyone have their acne clear up after going primal? I'm always the optimist on this, so I'm hoping!
    lots of folks. Chances are you can get rid of it with sufficient D and zinc. We all need the D supplements but you may or may not need zinc depending on a variety of factors.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    Yes, my wife's lifelong acne cleared up as soon as she went low carb. We were both gobsmacked.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    too much protein gives my acne