Thread: DAMNIT!! Why do I have to be intolerant to one of my favourite foods...?! page

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield

DAMNIT!! Why do I have to be intolerant to one of my favourite foods...?!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Feeling really crappy again today (I call it 'Auntie Betty Syndrome' after my 95-year-old godmother, who's always moaning about her body and life in general).

Someone mentioned that I could be intolerant to tomatoes, so I've just got round to doing some research (well I Googled it, at least! )

Symptoms of tomato intolerance include: -

Nausea - check
    Bloating - check
    Abdominal pain - can't say as I've noticed this one
    Stomach/intestinal cramping - nor this
    Constipation - check
    Diahorrea (can't spell it, never could!) - check (so that means my IBS is tomato-related...)
    Insomnia - well, ya all know about this one, dontcha? Can't remember when I last had a good night's sleep!
    Symptoms that mimic arthritis - suffering like hell now!
    Moodiness - FUCK OFF!!
    Psoriasis - had this for years, but would never have thought to associate it with tomatoes
    Headaches - been getting these a lot since turning Primal (and, yes, my tomato consumption has increased, so check!)
    Fatigue - check

They can trigger interstitial cystitis (didn't someone post about this quite recently? Might be worth eliminating them and see what happens...)

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!!! In the cupboard I have about 20 tins of toms and about a dozen of sardines in tomato sauce! BUGGER!

Oh well, at least I know now - now what the hell do I do with all those tins of tomatoes and tomato-sauced items...? Why couldn't I have found this out BEFORE I spent 75 at Sainsbury's...?!

<SIGH>

Sarah xxx
    La tristesse durera toujours...

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I thought life without tomatoes would suck, but I barely miss them. I'm not sensitive to them but I just rarely eat them. I did a 30-day tomato free trial (no difference in how l looked/felt/performed) and I just never really brought them back in to the diet as a staple. The 30 days forced me to find other foods in replacement and I ended up liking them better.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Nightshades. Peppers are probably a problem for you too. I've mostly given up tomatoes and peppers. I replaced tomatoes with strawberries for my salads.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    I thought life without tomatoes would suck, but I barely miss them. I'm not sensitive to them but I just rarely eat them. I did a 30-day tomato free trial (no difference in how l looked/felt/performed) and I just never really brought them back in to the diet as a staple. The 30 days forced me to find other foods in replacement and I ended up liking them better.
    Cheers, DoggyDiva! Just wish I could be apathetic about them, but I've loved 'em ever since I was a we'an - Dad's always grown them and I don't know what variety of little ones he grows, but they're as sweet as a strawberry.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Those are very, very general symptoms. I can't see how it could possibly point specifically to tomatoes, unless they're happening only in association with tomatoes.

Anyone talking about hypothyroidism, candida, gluten intolerance, SAD, depression, and many other things, would make a very similar list.

Except psoriasis, I guess, but I don't know that psoriasis = tomato intolerance.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    ITA agree with avocado. Those symptoms are *so* general and psoriasis does not = tomato intolerance. Psoriasis = vitamin D deficiency. And since just about everyone not taking vitamin d is vigamin d deficient.... same with the all of the syptoms associated with inflammation.

WRT the other symptoms? I still vote for a trial of fructose free.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order