Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut milk custard recipes? page

JBraun Guest

Shop Now

Have a friend who's goal is strict paleo for 30 days. I saw some coconut milk custard recipes I thought might help with his current ice cream cravings...but now I can't find them...

Can anyone help?

maba is offline Senior Member

Caveman Custard

Ingredients:

- 2 bananas

- 1 can coconut milk

- 3 eggs

- Cinnamon

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients except for cinnamon in a mixer and mix well.

2. Pour into custard or souffle cups (coffee cups or other oven safe containers work fine if you don’t have custard cups).

3. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.

4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes. Custard will balloon a bit and you may see some liquid… its ok, it will work itself out.

5. Chill.

6. Serve and enjoy.

Ha ha! Maba's on the ball!

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

oh this sounds fab, I wonder if we could ad some dark Chocolate in it ? yum xoox Darlene

JBraun Guest

you all are so wonderful and supportive. thanks for responding so quickly. I've already printed the recipe.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Since I'm not a custard maker, so far, is there some way to ditch the bananas? I mean, real custard is just egg and milk, right?

There is a lot of variation in canned coconut milk, BTW. I'll be putting up a web page soon on the brands and the differences.

Here OTB:

Primal Custard

To make six servings of Primal custard, you need:

• 5 eggs

• 2 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 2 cups Original flavored almond milk

• 12 teaspoons (1/4 cup) light blue agave syrup (or honey)

• ground cinnamon or nutmeg

• six petit creuset pots or other small stoneware dishes

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a saucepan, combine the milk and agave syrup. In another saucepan, heat 1-2 cups of water. Bring both pans to a simmer. Remove the milk and agave from heat. Lower the heat on the water and keep it warm.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla until yolks are very smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the warm milk and syrup to the eggs, whisk together until well combined.

Using a sieve, pour egg mixture so it evenly settles in each dessert cup. Make sure to use oven safe dishes.

Place dessert cups in a baking dish big enough so the dessert cups don’t touch one another. Pour hot water from the warm saucepan into the baking dish so that it comes up to the level of the custard on the outside of each individual dish. This water is to prevent the custard from burning. This step is very important.

Slide the pan into the oven and bake until custards are set around the edges, about 40 minutes. Allow custards to further set by refrigerating for at least 2 hours. Or serve them right away, warm.

~ Personally, I make my own coconut Milk and boil it down to the creamy consistency that I desire.

JBraun Guest

so is there a better tasting brand of coconut milk i should buy or one to stay away from? where's the best place to buy it?

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

Whole Foods sells a nice coconut milk. Just be sure to get the full fat version. Pretty cheap, too - about $1.50 per can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast