Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant afford grass fed meat?!? page

cant afford grass fed meat?!?

HI,
    My name is Nelli, and im super new to this. I can not afford grass fed meat just yet, we were gonna wait until income tax this next year to get our freezer and our meat.
    Am i wasting my time with this lifestyle, if all i can afford is regular, possibly gmo'd, soy fed beef? Does that void out the primal lifestyle for me?
    just wonderin

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    You can do this lifestyle without the grassfed meat. I get it when it's available, and when it's available at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I eat the best I can with what's available at the local grocery store. I try to make it up by eating organic fruits, veggies, eggs and dairy. I would love to have grassfed all the time, but it's difficult for some of us convenience or financial wise.

Bacon Mint is offline Junior Member
    Absolutely not. Eating a primal diet on commercially raised meat is not optimal, but it's certainly better than eating the Standard American Diet. I eat primarily commercially raised meat as well for the same reason and I have been very pleased with the way this lifestyle has been treating me.

I say get some fish oil to make up some of the O-3 the meat doesn't contain and call it square. Whenever you can afford to get grass-fed meats, go for it. When you can't, just eat as well as you can with what you can afford.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I still haven't had grass fed meat. I eat a lot of salmon and supp with fish oil to balance it out.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dont-...y-of-the-good/

I've stopped even trying to say it in my own words. People don't like to hear me say it.

oh thanks so much, im such a perfectionist at times, especially with food. i have learned so much since my daughter was born ive already made so many positive changes. this relieves a lil bit off my shoulders

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I think it's great that so many of us dive right in and want to do our best at this, but sometimes, like blank_faceplate points out, we need perspective. I have to remind myself of this from time to time when I go grocery shopping searching for the "perfect" foods.

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    I eat straight out of the supermarket, and I shop ONLY the sales. Drop the grains and beans, find your own personal sweet spot for carbs, take some fish oil, and you're 90% of the way there.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    A lot of people will say grass fed is not a big deal. I was told the feed lot cows are fed out in a pasture until the last 9 weeks of their lives. I cant prove this, but i also dont care. I find a huge taste difference . I would say that the non grass fed doesn't even count toward your 20%. Enjoy life & have fun. Do what works for you within your budget.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't want to live in a world where people even consider non-grass fed beef counts towards the 20%. That's crazy talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast