Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: muscle testing for foods? page

Avarim is offline Member

muscle testing for foods?

Shop Now
    Some guys muscle test their food in order to know if they agree with them, how accurate is MT for foods? Does it work?

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I just googled this -- so you just hold the food item and then decide if your arm feels stronger or weaker than it did when you weren't holding the food? Wow, who came up with that one? ... ah, chiropractors.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applied...logy#Criticism

flash is offline Junior Member
    I've been seeing a naturopath for the past month or so for my acne condition. He has used muscle testing to decipher food senstivities, to figure out which of my many supplements are worth taking and to decide what additional herbs to add. For the first time in 10 years I am seeing a difference in my skin condition and I couldn't be happier. Some of this change can be attributed to living more primally but I also believe my naturopath and his unconventional treatment has helped me tremendously. I most definately believe that your body can and will tell you what is or isn't good for it.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    I personally believe it's a crock.

Had it done years ago by a chiropractor. It found I was intolerant to foods I eat without problems, and tolerant of foods that I'm clearly intolerant to. Following his recommendations had no effect on the condition we were trying to treat (IBS in my case). Then again, the chiropractic care didn't do anything for my back pain either.

Just do an elimination diet - yeah, it takes a bit longer, but it's much more dependable in the end.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    I'm on the crock end of this too. IMO (and I've done a lot of this), the best way to diagnose food intolerances is to go Primal with no diary or eggs and add any foods back in that you want to test. Simple, effective, and with the added bonus that you will almost certainly start to feel a lot better very quickly.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    He has used muscle testing to decipher food senstivities, to figure out which of my many supplements are worth taking and to decide what additional herbs to add.
    I'm happy for you that this is working for you, but do you really think it's the muscle testing and not primarily your naturopath's existing expertise in recommending the proper things for you? Interesting.

LizaJane is offline Junior Member
    My doc does muscle testing for prescriptions, supplements. I thought I had a great idea in asking him if he could just muscle test me for my food allergies. He said that wouldn't work.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I love chiropractic but I think kinesiology/muscle testing for food intolerances and other intolerances/allergies is nonsense.

Complete and utter bunk. Some kid actually did a science project on it one year and demonstrated that the results weren't replicable.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I'm happy for you that this is working for you, but do you really think it's the muscle testing and not primarily your naturopath's existing expertise in recommending the proper things for you? Interesting.
    Interesting is one word for it.....

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    That is one of the dumbest things I have heard of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast