Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Wendy1) page

Wendy1 Guest

Primal Fuel

Day 1:

Reading and learning about the Primal Blueprint. Sure is a lot of information on the site!! Ordered the book and some protein shake powder. Need to clean out my pantry and make a grocery list. And, harvest and use veg/berries from our garden.

Meals:

B: 2 egg omelette, coffee w/ milk

Water with lime and cucumber

L: leftover pork chop; leftover meatballs with homemade sauce. No noodles.

Snack: cucumber slices

Exercise:

light cardio, arms and abs.

Wendy1 Guest

For dinner, I made broiled salmon and steamed green beans with a quick dressing. Then I had a salad and made mashed potatoes for my hubby and 4 yo daughter. Planning to have some blueberries when I am craving ice cream later tonight.

I decided I should repost my goals on my thread here so that I can refer back to them more easily.

1. Receive book, read and implement ideas.

2. Exercise more frequently; start transitioning to PB style exercise.

3. Lose 10 pounds in the next six weeks or so before we go to Hawaii. After that, another 30 to go until I'm back to my "happy weight."

4. Get husband and daughter to eat more veggies.

5. Stick with it this time!!! I have tried so many things so many different times. It's disheartening.

Wendy1 Guest

We went on a nice walk after dinner to a nearby park, but then our 4 year old had a meltdown on the way home and I ended up carrying her most of the way back... I got tired but figured that it was a great way to add some strength training to the walk!!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences on PB... sure helps motivate and inspire a newbie like me!!

sofiawahaj Guest

Wendy!!! You had an AMAZING first day!!! Oh. My. God! I have TEARS in my eyes, Wendy! I am SO PROUD of you! I can't wait to talk to you in person!!! If it wasn't already past 10pm, I would call you right now!!! I can't wait to talk all about this!

I have SO MUCH to say to you, but I just want to say that I think this is actually a LIFESTYLE you can live with forever b/c the meals are SO satisfying. The transformation is amazing. Once you go primal, there is no turning back. It's addictive - like a virus...a REALLY GOOD virus!

sofiawahaj Guest

Wendy!!! You had an AMAZING first day!!! Oh. My. God! I have TEARS in my eyes, Wendy! I am SO PROUD of you! I can't wait to talk to you in person!!! If it wasn't already past 10pm, I would call you right now!!! I can't wait to talk all about this!

I have SO MUCH to say to you, but I just want to say that I think this is actually a LIFESTYLE you can live with forever b/c the meals are SO satisfying. The transformation is amazing. Once you go primal, there is no turning back. It's addictive - like a virus...a REALLY GOOD virus!

Wendy1 Guest

Waking up happy, but a lot to do again today to get going on this new lifestyle! Need to clean out the pantry, for sure. It's too tempting to have some stuff here ... even if it's just for my daughter and husband.

But, did well for breakfast. Had the last of the leftover meatballs and sauce, and coffee with milk. Excited for the farmer's market this morning, and maybe a walk to the park later today.

Now I am really impatient for the book to get here, and I just ordered it yesterday!!

Wendy1 Guest

Had fun at the farmer's market -- bought grass fed local beef (filets, yum!) peaches, apples, tomatoes. And, it was kids' day, so the 4-year-old had a blast!

Then, Sofi called and asked if I would like to go to the Seattle-area Primal BBQ at a park, so Kylie and I packed up and headed out with them. It was a great time and some fabulous primal food! Can't wait to get the recipes. Thanks, everyone for a fun afternoon!!! I had pork ribs, wild boar, blackberry muffins, macaroons, salad, chicken salad, jalepeno poppers, fruit, tomatoes, yummy jicama with dip... am I forgetting anything? Delish!

Now we're headed to the neighbors' house for grilled chicken and tomato salad, etc.

Oh, and, I borrowed Sofi's book! Yeah!

Wendy1 Guest

Dinner was grilled chicken, green beans, tomato salad, leftover ribs that Sofi shared with us. Fantastic! I passed on the neighbors' potatoes and rolls, but did have some red wine. Goal for the rest of the night: eat primal for any snacks/cravings.

Still need to clean out the pantry!! Hoping to have time for that tomorrow after our trip to the Boeing Family Day in Everett.

sofiawahaj Guest

Red wine has lots of antioxidants and a glass (or two) is actually pretty good for you. Keep lots of nuts nearby for snacking.

Oh and I wanted to tell you about marscapone! It's only like $2.50 at TJ and it tastes sweet! I love to dip blueberries in there for a dessert or make whip cream with marscapone and vanilla - YUM! No sugar and it still tastes sweet!

Another great snack: pears(or apples) fried in bacon fat or coconut oil, maybe add a little cinnamon.

Awesome job for passing on the potatoes and rolls!

Wendy1 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thanks, Sofi! I'll be headed to TJ's this week for sure, got to stock up on good stuff after I clean out the pantry of bad stuff.

Day 3

B: Trying the breakfast apple omelette. Added some blueberries, too, which turned it a funny color, but it tastes good! And coffee with milk.

Plan for lunch: we're going out, so I'll be looking for good options.

Dinner plan: Steak we bought at the Farmer's Market yesterday, rubbed with crushed garlic, oil, salt and pepper, then grilled. And veggies and salad.

Exercise: We're going to a Boeing family day, so there should be lots of walking on the tour around the giant factory buildings! Lift something heavy -- Kylie, no doubt!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast