Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Wendy1) page 2

pellegrina is offline Junior Member

Hey, Wendy, just wanted to say welcome to the primal lifestyle! You're doing great.

sofiawahaj Guest

Your dinner sounds YUMMY! I can't wait to hear about the Boeing plant - we wanted to go, but we have company over right now. Have fun Wendy! And keep up the good work!!!

Wendy1 Guest

Thanks, Pellegrina and Sofi!!!

The Boeing tour was fun, and LOTS of walking! (And, some dancing -- they had fun music/dance performances, and Kylie and I bounced around while watching them). We had apples and water for snack on the way there, then Kylie and Kevin had granola bars that I skipped.

L: We went out to eat at a restaurant near the water in Edmonds. I had a big salad with crab, shrimp, chopped veggies, blue cheese and a basil vinaigrette. Oh, and a bite of Kylie's cheeseburger (no bun) and some bites of fruit. I talked Kylie into a trade: instead of french fries she had sliced tomatoes but then she did get to share an ice cream with Kevin later in the afternoon while we walked along the marina. Baby steps.

D: we're having the aforementioned steak. Then I think a cucumber/tomato salad and maybe peaches, if they're ripe.

Book: Making progress, and was able to read some snippets aloud to Kevin while we drove.

sofiawahaj Guest

Wendy, you are doing AWESOME! Your lunch salad sounded yummy and so primal! Are you having a hard time? How do you feel? Are you struggling with cravings or anything so far? Has it been hard to give up the ice cream or granola bars or anything?

Give up french fries for ice cream - that's an awesome move cuz ice cream is the better choice (esp full fat ice cream). And yes, baby steps is the way to go. Otherwise you will get overwhelmed, frustrated and just give up. When in doubt, eat more fat! (That's what I say/do). Then it's easier to control sugar cravings.

Glad you got to enjoy the hummus again. And thank YOU for coming with me to the BBQ!!!

When shall we go to PCC???

Wendy1 Guest

Did some more reading last night, also still cleaning out the pantry, fridge, freezer. I'm trying to compost some stuff rather than simply throwing it out.

Looks like another beautiful sunny day, so I'm hoping to toss Kylie in the stroller and get out on the trail near our house.

Last night's snack was leftover steak and veggies from dinner. Boy was I glad I hadn't finished mine, when I had the chance to eat the few leftover bites! YUMMMM!!!

Day 4

B: bacon and eggs scrambled in bacon grease. Need to get some veg at the store so I can start including those in my scrambles and omelettes. And, coffee with milk, of course.

Hola Wendy!

Sofi makes me laugh. She is such a good cheerleader for you!

You are doing really well and I applaud your complete dedication.

I'll put your journal in my 'favorites' and watch as you melt away!

Hawaii? I'm totally jealous! (someday, someday....)

Glad to have you out on Saturday. I was out in Maple Valley last night and this morn. Thought about you and Sofi. We're not far away at all!

Have a great day!

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

Hey Wendy!

Looks like you're doing awesome!

Was awesome meeting up with you on Saturday, I know both Lindsey and myself had a really good time.

Hope we can do it again sometime, and if/when it happens again, hope to see ya there!

-Sean

Wendy1 Guest

Just back from a walk. Stopped with Kylie at the park on the way home, and tried to do the monkey bars... I mostly made it but skipped the last one. OW!!! My hands hurt!! Then I tried to do a pull up. Um, no dice. Ah well. I couldn't do them all the way back in the day when I went to the gym a lot more -- used to use the machine that helped take off some of your weight so you could do a pull up. I'll keep trying when we go there and maybe someday I'll be able to do it!

Snack: last few bites of my breakfast, but still a little munchy so I think I'll have a couple of tomatoes and some blueberries.

Hmmmm. Trying to think what we might have for dinner so that I can plan to email it for today's contest!!

Don't worry Wendy, I can't do the monkey bars OR a pull-up either and I've been weight-lifting heavy, on and off, for 5 years! (Personally, I blame it on my junk in the trunk ;-P

Wendy1 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi, Sean and Lindsey, (can't find another way to respond to you, so I'm going to do that here and hope you see it)!! It was great to meet you both as well.

I really enjoyed the macaroons (sp?) and am looking forward to trying to recreate them sometime soon.

Hope you and Lindsey have a great week!

Sassa, LOL. I'm sure that's my problem, too. It was kind of fun to try, and I think Kylie thought it was funny to see me on there

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast