Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Wendy1) page 10

Wendy1 Guest

Shop Now

The movie was great (although I didn't realize ahead of time that it was going to be 3D so it cost more than expected and was a little annoying to get used to). Mmmm, bacon. Kylie ate some of my dad's popcorn, then asked for bacon, LOL.

Last night we had cornish game hens, but I didn't love them. Ate some primal stuffed mushrooms to compensate, so wasn't a total carnivore day as I had hoped.

Today Sophi and I tried our first big fast. No food after dinner last night and I'm still going at 5:20. Trying to make it until 7 p.m. when I finished eating dinner last night. Was kinda headachy this morning, and some black tea helped. Pretty hungry on and off, but Sophi and I (and my dad) met up at a park and played with the kids -- even got a couple of sprints in! That stuff kind of helped keep our minds off it. Now, however, I'm back at home and it smells AWESOME. Pork roast in the crock pot and green beans with bacon on the stove. CAN'T WAIT to eat!! Kylie has soccer practice in a bit, so maybe that will help me make it through.

Wendy1 Guest

Made it through the end of the fast -- actually to 24.5 hours!! Hooray And, even better, the scale was down more this morning, bringing my total to 9 pounds lost in a little over a month since starting PB!

B: three sausage links, coffee w/ heavy cream

L: taco salad w/ no shell, shredded chicken, sour cream, guacamole, salsa

D: homemade organic beef burgers (with bacon mixed in and some garlic butter pats leftover from something I made the other night). Also, made these almond flour "buns" mostly for DH and Kylie but I did end up eating one. They were tasty, but fell apart while eating them. Had the burgers with cauliflower patties, and tea.

72:24:5 fat: protein: carbs today.

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

Hi Wendy I am having my IF tomorrow since I am sick to my stomach anyways lol

I hope we can all get to feeling better and meet up soon! (((HUGS))) have a good weekend .

Cauliflower patties? do tell....sounds great xoxo Darlene

Wendy1 Guest

Darlene, good luck on your fast tomorrow!! And, hope you feel better

The cauliflower patties were good but I'll adjust them a little next time. I saw them in a Rachael Ray magazine and came home and searched it online, found a couple of recipes and then just kinda guessed. I took about 2/3 of a small head of cauliflower, cooked in water until tender. Drain, mash. Added a bit of butter, bit of heavy cream, about 1/4 cup of parmesean, two eggs, dried oregano and basil, salt and pepper. (After the first batch, I added some almond flour and a bit of arrowroot). Then, sauteed in half olive oil, half butter; few minutes per side. Kevin liked them and didn't even know what they were made out of! Kylie ate one with ketchup but didn't really care for it, but then, she never likes anything with visible herbs.

Congrats on the fast! They do get easier as you incorporate them more.

Those cauliflower patties sound good.

Since I saw that video recipe with the zucchini fritters, I've been thinking about being more experimental like that. A little binder (coconut flour), some eggs, a few veggies and seasonings and viola, a tasty treat!

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

didn't do my IF today just feeling sick to stomach so just bagged it for this week. isn't the weather amazing ? I hope it stays like this through Oct

have a great weekend xoxo Darlene

Wendy1 Guest

Wow I have been slacking on my journaling, but doing well primally. Sophi and I did a little challenge this week:

Monday, regular primal day but carbs under 30.

Tuesday, carnivore day

Wednesday, IF (24.5 hours after last meal Tuesday night)

Thursday, IF most of the day except for a spoonful of almond butter, coffee w/ coconut cream and one sausage link.

Today, B: two eggs in bacon grease, little bowl of "chia goodness" brand "cereal." L: leftover taco salad with no chips or shell. D: I think we're having breakfast for dinner as requested by Kylie. "pecan waffles with sauteed bananas and cinnamon honey butter" out of "eat well, feel well"

I am a bit bummed out that after two days of (mostly) IF, and high fat percentages (my average was around 78 percent on the two IF days) that the scale hasn't really moved.

However, DH said he could tell I'm losing weight, so I'm trying to focus on that

We leave Monday for six days on Oahu, so I've been busy getting ready, stocking up on primal snacks. I've got jerky, freeze dried apples and pears, single serving packets of almond butter, and am planning on making a loaf of "bread" and some almond-cheddar crackers before we leave. Luckily we have a full kitchen so we'll be able to cook while we're there in addition to going out. I'm planning to allow myself one cheat per day and hope to keep it to that so that I don't derail all the efforts I've made in the past six weeks.

Hope you all have a great week if I'm not back on here before we leave!

You are doing AWESOME Wendy! I'm impressed. The pecan waffles with sauteed bananas and cinnamon honey butter sounds divine! I don't think I need a recipe. I'll concoct that exact thing for my boys tomorrow!

Wendy1 Guest

We're home! Had a wonderful time in Hawaii, but now feeling the need to detox!! There was a lot of cheating, although mostly in the form of alcohol.

Our best two meals of the trip involved very little cheating -- rib eyes we marinated and grilled, and then a birthday dinner out ( I got the sampler plate with their four most-requested fish dishes-- yum!!) although, dessert afterward was not primal. Delicious, though!!

Got to get out to the stores and restock!!

Welcome back! I've never been to Hawaii, so I'm jealous!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910