Thread: Yesterday's Contest page

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Yesterday's Contest

Shop Now
    How are you all doing? I've been stuck on level 5 since yesterday. I have no idea at all what I'm supposed to do.

There's no way I'd have gotten past level 3 if my husband didn't have a couple of hours to devote to it. I'm really skeptical about the people who breezed through that in half an hour; I think they must have gotten the cheat codes from somewhere, or else they devote their lives to playing that game.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    Dunno. I like riddles and used to buy books of them when I was a kid. The first one is simple and old as "what can go down a chimney down, but not up a chimney up?" BUT I tried to use the answer as the password for level 2 and got nowhere. Just tried again, same thing. So I gave up. I had a lot of fun doing notpron (google for it, it has nothing to do with pr0n) but once it became obvious that you'd need to start charting answers to levels as you passed them, I stopped that too. Brain teasers are one thing. Life consuming time sinks are another.

melodious is offline Senior Member
    I never got level 5. Have no clue.
    I agree. Level 3 took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I was at work. I don't think I got in trouble for doing that game, but when I couldn't get level 5 I wished I'd not bothered.
    Still, i wish I knew what the other levels were...

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I got through 1 and 2 okay, but 3 went on way too long and at level 12 I finally got stuck and gave it up for the day. It'll be interesting to see what people come up with!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Suse is offline Senior Member
    i havent checked, did anyone actually win.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Yes. There's an update on the blog.

StillWild is offline Member
    For me the contest started right when it was almost time to go home for the day and I don't have internet at home yet (old house, new electrical must come first). So I figured when I got to work this morning I didn't stand a chance. Either way, with as frustrated as I got just on level 2 *hangs head in shame* I had no business getting that prize. :P I did finally solve level 2 this morning, though, just out of sheer stubbornness.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I quit after level two, me and number patterns do not get along. Stupid processing error (in my brain that is)!

StillWild is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    Haha, I quit after level two, me and number patterns do not get along. Stupid processing error (in my brain that is)!
    I hear you! It only took me...hours...maybe a total of two hours? Maybe three. I took that darn puzzle personally this morning though. lol People at my office were wondering if I was ever going to get back to work. I told them I figured since the puzzle was getting my blood pressure up, it would keep me from falling asleep entering all the really repetitive serial numbers into the database.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    well congrats to the winner and to all who got past level 3 I say!!! Its a shame that mark hasnt put up an option of move ahead with password or just move ahead, cause otherwise how can i be sure if I get the answer right on the puzzles i havent done yet. not that I'd have any chance having had a look at whats ahead.