Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: I just ate a cup cake!! page 2

  1. #11
    Shrinking_Violet's Avatar
    Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post


    SHAME ON YOU !


    Best of Health to all,
    Grizz

    Grizz - stop winding up the noobs! That's MY job!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

  2. #12
    Xfitter's Avatar
    Xfitter is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    50
    80/20 Rule! Like Marks says in his book, you notice the effects of it and that will make you less likely to do that in the future. That being said, it's your daughters birthday, you enjoyed a cupcake with her. Can't be upset about moments like that!

  3. #13
    Piscator's Avatar
    Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    403
    Come on everybody - we're primal here - stop being so soft! She ate a cupcake, A CUPCAKE! Cupcakes easily blow past any 20% anywhere and depending on total food consumption for the day, a single cupcake may be up to 21 or even 22% - well over Mark's recommendation of 20%. This is clearly a violation and it's obvious to me that the OP doesn't take her pb lifestyle seriously enough. Now is the time for ridicule and forum-wide humiliation, not for coddling. I'm thinking of emailing Mark that there's a imposter here - an standard diet devotee who risks bringing us all down to her little version of debauchery. Jeez!

    BTW - did that cupcake have those colorful little sprinkles on top? God I love those!

  4. #14
    Sassy's Avatar
    Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Twin Ports, Minnesota/Wisconsin
    Posts
    328
    Down some bacon - stat!!
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

  5. #15
    elwyne's Avatar
    elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Come on everybody - we're primal here - stop being so soft! She ate a cupcake, A CUPCAKE! Cupcakes easily blow past any 20% anywhere and depending on total food consumption for the day, a single cupcake may be up to 21 or even 22% - well over Mark's recommendation of 20%. This is clearly a violation and it's obvious to me that the OP doesn't take her pb lifestyle seriously enough. Now is the time for ridicule and forum-wide humiliation, not for coddling. I'm thinking of emailing Mark that there's a imposter here - an standard diet devotee who risks bringing us all down to her little version of debauchery. Jeez!

    BTW - did that cupcake have those colorful little sprinkles on top? God I love those!
    rofl...

  6. #16
    fortunata's Avatar
    fortunata is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by elwyne View Post
    rofl...
    Oh, God! LMAO! Yes... I need to get a sense of proportion.... I ate a cupcake, I didn't murder my granny!
    Hee hee!

  7. #17
    Steve-O's Avatar
    Steve-O is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    112
    Don't worry. I had a slice of cake and about 10 slices of regular pizza this weekend at a party. Despite some light stiffness in the back of the neck immediately after--I actually felt great, especially for the next couple of days. But I know that type of eating is not sustainable.

    I think the fear with some people is that they are going to fall off the wagon completely, and revert back to their old ways. Just a little bit doesn't have to lead to a whole lot.

  8. #18
    Primal Toad's Avatar
    Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,983
    It was a learning experience for you. Don't be stressed out about it. Next time you do it just really focus on how you feel and ask yourself if its worth it. I mean, it was your daughters birthday - it comes once a year. You know you best and so you must decide what you want to do. Was the memory worth the sugar rush and how you felt after that?

    Now go enjoy a grass fed steak!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

  9. #19
    profdjj's Avatar
    profdjj is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Don't worry. I had a slice of cake and about 10 slices of regular pizza this weekend at a party. Despite some light stiffness in the back of the neck immediately after--I actually felt great, especially for the next couple of days. But I know that type of eating is not sustainable.

    I think the fear with some people is that they are going to fall off the wagon completely, and revert back to their old ways. Just a little bit doesn't have to lead to a whole lot.

    That's my problem. I struggle with ED so, for me, I have a zero tolerance for crap food or I'm afraid that I'll be downing all cupcakes within a hundred miles. I find it easier to do "zero tolerance" than the 80/20. An 80/20 would soon be 50/50 would soon be 20/80.

  10. #20
    Daemonized's Avatar
    Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    2,253
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunata View Post
    Oh, God! LMAO! Yes... I need to get a sense of proportion.... I ate a cupcake, I didn't murder my granny!
    Hee hee!
    Uh oh! Who did?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •