Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aching joints page

fortunata is offline Junior Member

Aching joints

Primal Fuel
    Well... I've been eating primal for two weeks now and I've really stuck at it. I felt great until yesterday. Now my shoulders, wrists, ankles and toe joints are hurting like mad... feels like toothache of the joints. Anyone have any idea why this might be? I'm not eating any new foods but have cut out bread, grains, potatoes, milk, most fruits and legumes.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Gout?

If your uric acid was a little high and you cut out the carbs and maybe broke down some muscle (which releases purines), or if you ate a lot of organ meats, herring, shellfish ... stuff high in purines ... you uric acid might have passed the borderline into an acute gout attack? The big toes and thumbs are usually the worst places.

Have some cherries or cherry juice (quite a lot), and eat some dairy food, see if it gets better. If it does, have your uric acid levels tested. Something about dairy protein and cherries tells the kidneys to collect and excrete uric acid. Watch out for beer. It has a lot of a purine in it.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunata View Post
    Well... I've been eating primal for two weeks now and I've really stuck at it. I felt great until yesterday. Now my shoulders, wrists, ankles and toe joints are hurting like mad... feels like toothache of the joints. Anyone have any idea why this might be? I'm not eating any new foods but have cut out bread, grains, potatoes, milk, most fruits and legumes.
    All doctors are trained (apparently) to automatically say "Probably arthritis. What do you expect. You are getting old." (They start saying this when you turn 30.)

Seriously, I hope it goes away quickly.

Aching joints

Thanks for the replies, guys. I haven't drunk much fluid over the last few days. Maybe I've got something swilling around that needs flushing out.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    have you been exercising more than usual?

I second the cherry juice (try and get the sugar free one!) as my grandpa has gout and I gave him some, he says it has really cleared it up!

woo for the healing power of fruit!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunata View Post
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I haven't drunk much fluid over the last few days. Maybe I've got something swilling around that needs flushing out.
    GASP ! You must drink enough water every day so your pee is a very light yellow color. Doctors Grizz's Orders!

Grizz

netbum is offline Member
    Carb flu! I felt just like that about a month in ... and it lasted for a good two weeks.

Grizz is offline Banned
    netburn,

Were you on super restricted carbs < 50 per day at the time [Into Ketosis] ? Roughly how many carbs a day were you eating?

Best of health to all,
    Grizz

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    I've just learnt that it's tomatoes which do this to me. Maybe try cutting out nightshades and see how you go (that's spuds (if you eat 'em, I don't think anyone here does) aubergine and tomatoes)).
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Quote Originally Posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
    I've just learnt that it's tomatoes which do this to me. Maybe try cutting out nightshades and see how you go (that's spuds (if you eat 'em, I don't think anyone here does) aubergine and tomatoes)).
    That"s really interesting! I've eaten loads of tomatoes over the last couple of weeks! Will cut them out and see if it makes a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast